Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Pedrosa wins, Crutchlow cruelly denied podium MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Pedrosa wins, Crutchlow cruelly denied podium

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Pedrosa wins, Crutchlow cruelly denied podium

Dani Pedrosa stormed to a fourth win in the last five MotoGP races in Japan this afternoon to keep the pressure on world championship rival Jorge Lorenzo. But there was bitter disappointment for British rider Cal Crutchlow, who had to retire on the last lap while he was locked in a thrilling battle with Gresini Honda rival Alvaro Bautista for third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 October 2012 11:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Stroker Ace

With you on that one Mandy the rs250 and RGV 250 were jewels I liked KR1S a lot as well . Best bikes for Cadwell .Brilliant , poos Cal but he's not in wth a shout of the title so no worries , he keep impressing the powers , that'll do I suppose , for this season anyway .

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

KRS1

On hang on, he's a rapper. I admit I used to secretly fancy some KR1/KR1S action, 140mph in a cloud of ring-a-ding smoke was the stuff real men dreamt of, but the tales of needing a rebuild every other week did kind of put me off. I've been lucky enough to ride a few RGV's (L in Pepsi, L in Schwantz although it had been looped the day before so was a bit bent and a few M's) but all have been either a bit lacking or just had summat wrong about them. I rode a lovely M, owned by C.Walker's best mate Phil (RIP) and as great as it was for some reason it had cut slicks on and a 180 boot to boot, the bleddy thing just did not turn and the lovely flickable handling was just about non existent, it did rasp a good 'un though through the freshly split and re-welded pipes, minus the harmonic changing and power sapping lugs Suzuki insisted on putting in the expansion chambers. The more I think about it the more I think it'll have to be an NSR MC28, minus the restrictor obviously, and ideally an SP in Rothman's colour's with swipe card ignition and ridiculously tall 1st gear. Does anyone know if Stan Stephens is still going?

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

I see Rossi was up at the top battling with the new chassis. Hopefully the racing will be closer next year.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

2 strokes

stan stevens is still tuning barrels and engine parts ect so dont worry there, i regretibly sold off my rgv vj22 last year because of having a 2 bike rule and not 3 so save space but i would love another to rebuild or make a super single, looking at club racing for next year so an sv650 maybe on the cards,  in 2004 i crashed my absolute minter of an rgv vj22 and knocked myself out cold hitting a haybale on the withernsea road twistys after geting a corner entry all wrong i may add!!!,i do miss her dearly so i want another one even tastier to replac3e it,im thinking gp rep,sheene colours maybe.

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Cal's progress.

Personally, i have been much happier with Cal's performances in the last two races in that he at least stuck a couple of passes on Dovi in the last race ,even if they didnt quite work out , and then this week he blitzed qualifying as per usual and then backed it up with a decent start and a quality race. The lad is learning and continuing on that upward curve and I think is just going to keep getting better now. Fair play to Dovi,"To finish first,first you gotta finish" and all that but i would much rather be in Crutchlows shoes right now .  

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Cals Progress?

Try comparing his numbers:

4th,4th,5th,8th,5th,6th,5th,8th,6th,5th,DNF,3rd,DNF,4th,DNF

Against Dovi's:

5th,5th,4th,7th,3rd,19th,3rd,3rd,3rd,4th,3rd,4th,4th,3rd,4th

You can see who's made the real progress - and it isn't Crutchlow.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Dovi has had a life time in Moto GP,Cal hasn't had two seasons yet,there's only one making progress and it ain't Dovi,3 more races of 2012 and all to play for with Cal in 2013,all 2013 means to Dovi is plenty of money and total oblivion

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Ah yeah...

So Cal's gone from 4th at the start of the season to 3rd in his last race finish... Dovi from 5th to 4th... cool!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

BlackCountry Bollock

You knew you were going to be called that when you chose it eh?  

Listen - this constant Crutchlow bashing and quoting of race positions throughout the season has quite honestly become boring - try and be a little original and think of some new insults man     you can do better. By the way that is not a dead donkey it's a live donkey rolling on it's back -    Jeez!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

VJ22

I was a bit shocked when the VJ22 first came out, I thought it had lost the RGV look. By all accounts they are absolute belters to ride, but I hear a pig to de-restrict as well as being, erm, a bit pricey. As they've aged I've fallen for the looks more and more. I've always had a nagging wish to squeeze a fit Gamma motor into an RS250 and then stick some Ohlins, Monoblocs, carbon wheels and carbon everything else on and see what happens, I reckon you can never have too much braking but this thing would probably prove me wrong.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices