Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow gutted as podium slips away MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow gutted as podium slips away

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow gutted as podium slips away

Cal Crutchlow was left to ponder what might have been after he saw a podium slip from his grasp on the last lap for the second race in succession at the Twin Ring Motegi. After losing out in a last lap thriller to Andrea Dovizioso at the Motorland Aragon last month, Crutchlow was dicing with Alvaro Bautista for third in Japan...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 October 2012 10:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

great ride

cal, to be that close to another podium, i think you would of got past alvaro, keep on improving like this and you could be world champ next yr, keep ya chin up mate.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The record books show that BlackCountryBollockRevFlobShoite is a complete dick do you fancy Cal or something knobhead.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

'Cal's on an upward curve' ...

... say some fools - perhaps it's true?

Last year he managed 5 DNF's, while this year it's 3 DNF's - so maybe they're right?

But wait - there's still 3 races to go and everything to play for.

Reply to this Topic
CAL35GP1

Oct 12

CAL35GP1 says:

Cal's upward curve

Yes, 70 points last year compared to 135 so far this year with 3 races to go and consistently putting it on the front row of the grid.  That's an upward curve - who could argue ?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

BCB can argue pal  - might be a load of bollocks but he can argue !

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

70pts v 135+ points ...

... just goes to show the difference that having a high-class, 'factory quality' team-mate (Dovi) makes I suppose.

But next year Crutchlow's all on his own ................................... scarey.

Reply to this Topic
CAL35GP1

Oct 12

CAL35GP1 says:

You make me laugh Rev, really.  Even you know that team 'mates' don't help each other and Dovi has been doing nothing of the sort this year.  I haven't seen Cal having to follow him arround in order to get his fast laps.  In fast, if Cal had tried to learn from he woudl have gone backwards and just joined Dovi in holding everyone up in the corners.

If Dovi is factory quality why has he been in a satelite team this year ?  And don't harp on about next years 'factory' nail ride, you know the Tech 3 Yam is a better machine (and team).  Don't get me wrong I actually like Dovi - he's a pleasant unassuming chap, rides with precision and pulled an admirable overtake on Bradl yesterday - he's just not British and I prefer to support my home team.

Reply to this Topic
CAL35GP1

Oct 12

CAL35GP1 says:

Question for you Benny: Bike sport in the UK has traditionaly been the playground of gritty blokes with big bollocks - hard nuts if you like.  These tend not to be diminutive pretty boys the likes of which jump on scooters and mini-motos at an early age in Spain / Italy etc and admirably learn the art of riding them fast.

The problem is that for years the typical British rider has often been significantly bigger of frame than his southern European counterparts and this can put them at a significant disadvantage in a sport where 100ths of a second are critical.  Rob McElnea was an extreme case in point but still managed to get the tiny 130kg RGV round the track pretty quick.

While I have warmed to Dani Pedrosa this season and woudl genuinly like to see him win - adding some variety to the sport - I do think his weight advantage is unfair (maybe 20 - 25 kg compared to Cal who is one of the bigger riders).  Don't you think therefore that is would be logical, fairer and in the interest of the sport to even out combined rider/machine weights ?

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

'Just not British' ...

... is a view that I find impossible to understand.

I love bikes, racing and the truth - it really doesn't matter to me where the bikes are made or what country the rider is from just so long as the racing is good.

Cream rises to the top.

The classy Dovi has put the latest 'young' (26yr old - but older than Dovi) British hope back in his box this year, where he belongs.

That's great in my view.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Sorry Cal ...

... we were posting at the same time.

Yes, I completely agree with you that machine/rider weights should be combined in all classes - if the purpose is to determine the best machine/finest rider.

Because of his abnormal stature, Pedrosa (like Crutchlow) has an unfair advantage - off the line, exiting slow corners, top speed, braking, fuel economy, etc.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices