Skip to content

General How fecking much!!!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > How fecking much!!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

How fecking much!!!!

Popped into Performance Triumph in Stratford on Avon on Saturday to get a rear brake light link/spring jobby as mine had gone awol.While I was there I asked about servicing prices on my Street TriplyR.The 6,000mile/one year service is £182 for what amounts to an oil and filter change and check over,the 12,000mile/ two year service is £506!!!FIVE HUNDRED AND SIX F*CKING POUNDS TO SERVICE A BIKE!!! Service manager tells me quite proudly"that includes new plugs,airfilter and oil and filter"."You do also check the valve clearances and strip and re-grease the shock linkages as well?" "Er,oh yeah,sometimes" he say's.Don't exactly fill you with confidence and make you want to take your bike there does it?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 October 2012 10:25)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
klingelton

Oct 12

klingelton says:

bent over

while they're greasing your shock linkages, they could grease your back passage to make it a little more comfortable while they shaft you!

Really does seem expensive for what amounts to an hours work for an accomplished mech.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

How much?!!!!

The price of a dealer service was one of the things I looked into before I bought my Street Triple. Like you, I was gobsmacked.

Luckily Mr B can service mine for me now the initial 500 mile service is past. He has all the computer kit for the fault finding, engine coding and diagnostics. Triumph have approved him as competent so my warranty is not affected. Alll I do is take the book to the dealer to get it stamped, or as we do, just use Mr B's workshop stamp.

You need to find an independent mechanic with Triumph approval. Not easy but they are about.

Reply to this Topic
babbs71

Mar 09

babbs71 says:

service

i was told £550.00 for the major service on my 1999 cbr600fx . :shock:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Shafted

The o/h services my bike too. 
We have a barter system for payment. :wink:

Reply to this Topic
kentuckey

Aug 02

kentuckey says:

D.I.Y.

Get yourselves a workshop manual and a set of spanners and do it yourselves,  It isnt that difficult, and you know that all the prescribed items are done when their supposed to be done !!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

services

lol barter system...Mrs B and I use that, strangely the fridge was full of ol speckled as I serviced her car ..unfortuantely I was too knackared to consider part b of the barter:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

ffs

looks like im in the wrong game as per usual, robbing bastards.D.I.Y.  AND SAVE A BUCKETFULL.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I knew how much

the first service was going to be on my MV which on the face of it wasn't too bad £200.

A bit like Bee I have my own garage approved mechanic so hopefully it's going to be ok from now on.

Then again he might want too much in return :shock:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

The only problem with using an independent

is your warranty. You must make sure your dealer is going to be O.K with it. The law says you don't have to use the dealer you bought from for servicing, but it can make it very hard to sort out a problem later on.

I have had 3 warranty claims so far and haven't had any trouble getting it sorted out. Only minor stuff (the indicators keep falling off) but if it was more serious I would still be O.K.

Worth keeping in mind if you don't want any hassle when there's a problem.

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Fumes

Beelady,when your bike is parked up in the garage do you get a lot of petrol fumes coming from the filler cap?It's so bad on my bike I have to cover the cap with folded towels under the cover to try and stop it,doesn't matter if the tank is full or nearly empty.Been back to dealers once with the problem and they reckoned it was a trapped/wrongly routed breather pipe that they put right.Made no difference,still got fumes.I have noticed that when the filler is closed and locked it can be pushed down for about 3-4mm making me think it isn't seating and sealing properly,is your filler cap the same? My indicators haven't fallen off yet but I was warned that the numberplate/rear light hanger can fracture and fall off if you run a large/legal plate,happened twice to one woman I spoke to.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices