Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Seventh maximum potential, admits Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Seventh maximum potential, admits Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Seventh maximum potential, admits Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi says he could have not ridden any faster or put in any extra effort after he ended the Grand Prix of Japan at the Twin Ring Motegi in a lonely and distant seventh. The Italian said finishing a massive 26 seconds behind race winner Dani Pedrosa was the maximum potential his factory Ducati GP12 has, with a lack of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 October 2012 10:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Eldiablo

You're taking a lot for granted with your reasons for Stoner retiring - as though you've interviewed him

You're entitled to your opinion but don't try and push it as fact - you've no basis for that.

I'll take you to task on the following though

Actually he is the best of all times because competition was always strong and please i don't want to hear anything about the demanding era of the 4 strokes. Fuck it. 2 strokes, 120kg and no traction. BIG BALLS.

Rossi had traction control on his 500 Honda before nayone else had it. Burgess himself has said so and was glad because he wanted to work with it but Doohan didn't want it. Rossi took it.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Not quite..

The quotes were after they announced the Yamaha move Bultoyboy, use what little common sense is available, please?

You've been outed as a cross-dressing #27er. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

not quite right bulto

Rossi did not have any traction control in 2002 and for probably the same reason as Doohan never had it because it was not any help or had not been developed well enough.
When it was introduced Rossi was not the only rider to use it either so as usual you try to twist things to make Rossi look bad.
Any NSR was and always will be far more of a beast to ride than any modern 800 with or without traction control.

Oh and Burgess will be at Yamaha again.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

Despite your warped way of looking at things I am not trying to make Rossi look bad.

It's simple. The guy said no traction control  -  Burgess said he had it and Burgess was happy because he wanted all the toys to play with - He didn't have them with Doohan because Doohan didn't want them.

Argue with Burgess not me. If Burgess spoke an untruth, I'm only repeating it.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi

From your quote

We haven't yet finalized that, we're going to have further discussions with Valentino, first we need to get the agreement with the rider done,

"Not finalised with the rider" I took to be that he still hadn't actually signed. Whatever, the quote is way before Burgess was later asked if he was going. What he said is what I said and I haven't seen anything from him to the contrary - but as I said, it means nothing until the man himself confirms it, regardless of what his PA Buell will tell us.

I'll look better in orange than you will in yellow - with all that cider you won't need clothes...

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

I am not arguing

The reason Doohan never had it was because it was not available at that time.If it was I am sure he would have had it as other riders did because it was an advantage.
The way you worded your post made out that Doohan did not want it but Rossi did and that was not the case!!!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Well knock me down with a feather

Old Buelli's gone from team manager, to club racing corner worker, to skiving blagging pikey, to a rider of all things now.

Any NSR was and always will be far more of a beast to ride than any modern 800 with or without traction control.

You qualified to say that Buelli? It's a big call. Unless you're refering to your mates NSR 125 versus a modern Beemer F800? Was the restrictor still on the wee 125? Did it scare you silly?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Nostrodamus

that's funny, I'm not in on this article, but I love the word 'pikey' it conjures up 2 gits in a tatty old, un-licensed long wheel based transit, offering to tarmac your drive, as a special for £100, and when they leave, the tarmac's as thick as clingfilm, and they've taken your wrought Iron gates with them, lol.   

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

huh nostro

Probably not but I can have an opinion and I am pretty sure that anyone who has any idea about motorcycles would agree with me.
Maybe have not ridden a modern GP bike but have ridden a few old 2 strokes in my time.
When an RG 500 comes on song you certainly know all about it and that was scary at first.

Team manager...club racer.....skiving pikey......whatever will you conjour up next for me in that twisted mind of yours?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

The way you worded your post made out that Doohan did not want it but Rossi did and that was not the case!!!

The bit you're overlooking is that I am quoting what Burgess said, it isn't my opinion or the way I worded anything - he said Doohan didn't want them, which means they had to be available for him not to want them

You seem to have his ear - ask him if this is what he said - and this was 1995 so imagine what was available for 2000/2001. Variable mapping for the rider to control and traction control.

The world champ rejected them all: water injection for improved mid-range power, an anti-wheelie device for easier starts, semi-active suspension and so on.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices