Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Danny Kent ecstatic after maiden win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Danny Kent ecstatic after maiden win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Danny Kent ecstatic after maiden win

Danny Kent hailed his stunning maiden Grand Prix victory in Japan yesterday as ‘amazing’ after he triumphed at the end of a dramatic Moto3 clash. The British teenager went from fifth to first on the final lap after Luis Salom wiped out Jonas Folger with a reckless overtaking move at the first corner. That put the 18-year-old third and he then passed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 October 2012 10:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Team Orders

No team orders in place so can't see the problem. It's not as if Danny took him out. Got no problem with team orders but in reality they rarely come into it.

Going to be interesting next  year, will Rossi help out Lorenzo out once he can't win the title?

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

"a complete twat" ...

... Well Bulto, perhaps when you are in the postion of attempting to win a World 125/Moto3 title (for the first time in eight attempts), you might be foregiven for being upset when your 'team-mate' (who has no title aspirations) comes between you and your long held goal - but then you haven't ever been in Cortese's position so you wouldn't know, would you? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

BCB...

So you reckon that because he'd like it to be handed to him on a plate it should be... cool... (the fact that he didn't come between him & his title aspirations still seems to have escaped him & you... all he needed was to finish on the podium)... we know where you're coming from... it isn't the real world & it certainly isn't racing... I think your 1st statement says it all...

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Hedgehog ...

... the first statement was Bultoboys - not mine.

I thought the punctuation marks may of given you a clue, but too subtle perhaps?

No problem - apology accepted.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

BCB...

I do apologise if it sounded like I gave a toss who said it or not... I just sympathise with the sentiment.

Anyway... I'm glad to see you've evidently given up actually presenting such a pointless argument... well done... move on.

:smile

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Hedgehog ...

... a pointless argument? Perhaps Cortese, KTM and Red Bull might disagree with you.

But then I also notice that you offer no alternative view to Bultoboys assessment that Cortese acted "like a complete twat" either.

So have either of you fought for any world championships recently? 

No - of course not.

All of which places you both in ridiculously weak positions from which to judge Cortese's reaction.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

BCB

"So have either of you fought for any world championships recently"

Come on Rev, the only championships youv'e entered into, with great success are, 'sheepshagger of the year' and the 'most ever accounts/handles, and avatars on MCN',  what a mut.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So have either of you fought for any world championships recently?

Very mature - utterly irrelevant.

Perhaps once a rider has built a few points lead after a couple of races nest season, the FIM should haul the rest into a room, give them strict instructions to stay away from said rider as he is to have a completely unchallenged and clear path for the remaining races, as he is the title favourite and no-one must challenge him.

Or they could go one better and give him a 30 second head start and he can have the track to himself and win at a canter, no danger of anyone else having the audacity to try and overtake him. My God, anyone might get the impression they should be racing should that happen - it is a race isn't it?

Race wins should be fought for and won, not gifted. A title just goes to whoever has the most points at the end of the season, not necessarily the fastest or best rider. With team orders a championship could be engineered for a rider who never actually wins a race. Big deal.

Cotese did act like a twat afterwards - a proper prima-dona who thought they should all get out of his way. At least he was going for the win and I thought good on him, he ran the risk and it bit him. What came afterwards was pure arrogance and any respect for him evaporated on the spot.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

raced in germany

...arrogant lot.  Sandro needs to get a reality check (no team orders)?!  A fantastic finish to the race, only to soured by an arrogant german.  well done Mr Kent...I take back my comments a few weeks ago and eat humble pie.  now go and whoop him again.

good luck for next year in moto 2, you now deserve a shot.

your aye...

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

"like a complete twat" ...

So have either of you fought for any world championships recently?

Very mature - utterly irrelevant.

So Mr World Championship contender, tell us what the pressure of being a 'near-world champion' is like?

You've got the 'Brit-fanboy' fever old son - it's clouding whatever judgement you once had.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices