Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Danny Kent ecstatic after maiden win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Danny Kent ecstatic after maiden win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Danny Kent ecstatic after maiden win

Danny Kent hailed his stunning maiden Grand Prix victory in Japan yesterday as ‘amazing’ after he triumphed at the end of a dramatic Moto3 clash. The British teenager went from fifth to first on the final lap after Luis Salom wiped out Jonas Folger with a reckless overtaking move at the first corner. That put the 18-year-old third and he then passed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 October 2012 10:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

..in a word saturn

..No.

It makes wosi howl at the moon..all the pre-race scorn from his fans about team orders.

If Casey had said.."Yeah..I'll help Dani if I can, as a mark of respect to Honda.", he wouldn't look such a self-centred little twat - nothing new I know - and maybe, just maybe, he could have had Lorenzo in a stew, wobbling around making mistakes. Never been very good at mind games has he though?

Unfotunately for the #27ers, there'll only be one person on an RCV doing the wobbling around from now until quitting time. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Saturn ...

... it's like a full-on french kiss from Wosi - try it once, forever repulsed. Sorry.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Team Orders

Hi there Wosi.

So if the roles were reversed Pedrosa would help Stoner?

Pedrosa didn't exactly help his team mate in 07 did he??

What an impossible pass he tried on Hayden when Hayden was battling for the championship.

(BTW it looks to me like Stoner is still under your skin)  :D

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Unfotunately for the #27ers, there'll only be one person on an RCV doing the wobbling around from now until quitting time."

Bradl on an RCV finished behind him (as did Baustista when Stoner was riding with a broken foot)... Stoner was 5th this time... get over it... 

:blink:

When Rossi returned from injury in 2010 people laughed at Stoner, a 1 times champion on a CF Ducati (that apparently he was responsible for), being almost beaten by a "cripple" on the championship winning Yamaha... now Stoner's back & recovering (& before when he actually rode with a broken foot) where's the 9 times world champ on the bike he asked Ducati to make?... it's not almost any more... oh dear... those 95 points of yours now require 2nd in every race.

:upset:

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

Cortese needs to grow up, it was his fault he crashed no one elses

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi old son, if a rider needs the help of a 'team mate' to get them a win, they don't deserve it.

I've asked you before, if you were running second in a race, unable to catch your team mate (who is just another rider to be beaten as after all, it's a race and the point of racing is to win) how would you feel if he slowed and let you past to 'win'.

Would you feel triumphant, knowing you weren't really fast enough, or would you feel a fraud knowing you didn't really win.

There is no merit in being handed a win. Whatever the politics within a team, there is no merit in it and you'd have to be pretty shallow to stand there taking the applause. Only the self obsessed win at all cost brigade that records matter to have the front to do that

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Of course..

..you've got a point Bulto. The dyed in the wool regular position but, look at it this way..

How exciting would it be, and how much new respect would Casey receive if he could get inbetween Dani and Jorge?

Slowing him down so maybe Bautista and Bradl caught up and got involved, even better..Rossi.

If he could pull it off with what would be some undoubted race craft and skillful riding - helping Dani and Honda to the title because Lorenzo got stuffed or worse, stuffed himself into a gravel trap - race fans like wosi might look at him with fresh eyes. It would go down in history as brilliant gamesmanship and a totally team orientated, selfless act.

He can't win the title anyway. 

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Brilliant win

who gives a shit about the crazy krout he would not of helped Danny and remember his dirty riding at Assen

Paid back with interest Danny well done ! same again next round please 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Nah Wosi

For excitement, I don't think you could beat Pedrosa riding his balls off to genuinely pass anyone that was in front of him, including his team mate. If it brought the title all well and good, if not, he tried his best - which is as it should be.

It's racing Wosi and no-one would get my respect by pulling over and letting another rider through for the win, or deliberately riding like a mobile chicane to slow up other riders. These guys ride their balls off  to within a hair's breath of crashing several times every race, to try to win the race. To have all that effort come to nothing at the end of a season through a contrived result is an insult and bears no merit to the benefactor in my book.

The problem with a championship is that it is a statistic that doesn't always paint a true picture. It is just the person with the most points that gets it. It doesn't tell the story of how it happened. Winning a championship doesn't always mean you're the best, particularly if it has been engineered.

I had my fill of that when Ferrari used to sacrifice Irving (not that he could win anything anyway) They barely put any fuel in his car in qualifying to get him at the front, screwing his race and then used him as a mobile chicane for the first part of a race to hold everyone up whilst Schumacher pissed off into the distance. Schumacher's win was hailed as another great drive when the reality was he had it engineered. Hardly racing on equal terms with your rivals.

The simple fact is, that as well as Pedrosa has ridden this year, he didn't do enough early on and Lorenzo made up the ground then, that's why he's ahead. Up until Indy, Pedrosa was regularly behind either Stoner or Lorenzo. Brno was the turning point but it will probably have been too late.

To say Stoner, or whoever his team mate may be, should now ride to engineer the title for him is horseshit. It's a rider's championship and they're in it for themselves to win races first and foremost. If that brings the title so be it, but in my view the title is secondary. Winning races is what it is about. A rider can ride for safe 2nd and 3rd places, maybe the odd win, to net enough points for a championship but who cares for that?

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Bulto ...

... just in case you hadn't noticed, this thread is about Danny Kent - not you and your boring opinion.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices