Skip to content

Discuss This Terry Shepherd (1931 – 2012) General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Terry Shepherd (1931 – 2012)

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Terry Shepherd (1931 – 2012)

Former Grand Prix motorcycle road racer and legendary two-stroke engine tuner, Terry Shepherd passed away on October 5 2012, after a battle with cancer. He started racing Norton motorcycles in the 1950s, and a passion for engine tuning soon followed - partly out of necessity. The Norton’s valves would regularly bend under racing conditions, and many racers would buy new ones,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 October 2012 12:08)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Early eighties and there's mention of running a beach race at Weston,all life revolved around was being fit and racing bikes,the thought of whistling down the beach was just too much,sent my KDX barrel off to Terry Beckett came back like a mirror inside,rode the bike up and down the local dual carriage way and did a plug chop to getting the jetting right and off we went.

Still to this day can remember the look on the motocrossers faces when I had 20 mph plus on e'm!!!,going down that beach flat on the tank.

RIP TB,your part of my motorcycling history.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Winger

Terry Shepherd, not Terry Beckett

Reply to this Topic
Bonly1

Aug 02

Bonly1 says:

RIP TERRY SHEPHERD

Sad news indeed. Condolences to family.  Am local myself and Terry helped me in the early '80's with tuning for my RD club racing.  Shame my portly frame prevented Terrys tuning skills from shining through, but his brilliant two stroke porting work did at least stop me from coming last. RIP Terry, you were not just simply a fast rider yourself, you helped build mmories for me and many others too I'm sure. God bless.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

R.I.P. Terry...............

..................you raced in the golden era.

Reply to this Topic
Jun 06

alter says:

terry shepherd

Sorry to hear that Richard. Gary Oliver

Reply to this Topic
TNTbikes

Sep 12

TNTbikes says:

R.I.P TERRY

Sad news .... absolutely right "He lived for racing motorbikes, he loved them and there was no other sport for him"...He is a real biker .. R.I.P. Terry :(

Reply to this Topic
DorisM77

Oct 12

DorisM77 says:

Welcome to____Seekingbikers (Please Google it)____the largest dating site for motorcycle enthusiasts. Have a try and you're bound to find your biker soul mate to ride and travel together with hundreds of thousands of single motorcycle men and women are there. :)

Reply to this Topic
Warren569

Dec 11

Warren569 says:

I lived 10 miles from Terry back in the 80's and everyone had their (250/350) LC's tuned by him.  My best biking memories are opening up that TS tuned 350LC for the first time!  He will be truly missed by us all.

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Comment posted on behalf of jimpenny

Terry…you will be forever missed and never forgotten, as you were the one at Donington that could see my potential in the late 80’s and gave me a GS twin to race when everyone else had 4’s. A lot said you were mad but we beat the lot of them. Respect to all your family. Jim Penny Sussex

Reply to this Topic
dougwoof

Aug 02

dougwoof says:

It was with great sadness that I learnt the news about Terry. I first met Terry in the 80`s when I had blown up the engine on my 350 LC "racing" at Three Sisters. He questioned the clueless youth who turned up at his door, and proceeded to help and educate me over the years. Condolences to all the Shepherd family Doug

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices