Skip to content

Discuss This Crescent Suzuki blast Guintoli for reneging on 2013 contract World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Crescent Suzuki blast Guintoli for reneging on 2013 contract

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Crescent Suzuki blast Guintoli for reneging on 2013 contract

Crescent Suzuki boss Paul Denning has spoken of his extreme disappointment over Sylvain Guintoli’s decision not to honour a signed contract to ride for his team in WSB 2013. As reported in MCN last week, Guintoli signed a contract with the Fixi Crescent Suzuki team on Sunday at Magny Cours, only to tell Denning on Monday morning that he had been...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 October 2012 12:30)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I really don't see the problem

and I'm sure Josh Brookes isn't complaining about the decision. Besides which, after the shit Sylvan put up with from Effenbert, maybe its about time he put himself first. And who wouldn't choose the championship winning bike over an as yet unremarkable Suzuki if it were offered to them? I think Paul Denning should realise that in many ways the situation has worked out for the best and wish Sylvan well for the future. Big ginger girl

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

SM

It's Josh Waters, not Josh Brookes...!

Reply to this Topic
garethfenn

May 06

garethfenn says:

Wrong Josh-

Supermario, where's your info from. Josh Brooke's is signed for TAS in BSB next year. It's Josh Waters that they're using this week. I'm surprised that Sylvain has gone back on a contract tho, like has already been said, he was messed about this year so knows how it feels and I'd have thought he'd have done the honourable thing

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Josh Waters, the Aussie SBK champ, will be testing at Aragon with Camier.

Be funny if Max decided to stay on and the garlic smelling Frenchman's only option was riding a clackety old pushbike with rod brakes..string of onions draped round his neck. 

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Bad show Sylvain...

How can you not see the problem Supermario? Huge mistake by Sylvain, the garlic crunching service station pasty muncher that we all welcomed with open arms to BSB. It'll be karma if the Italians don't now sign him, why sounds a real possibility. He obviously didn't fancy his chances against Leon Camier.  

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Oops

my bad. Saw the name Josh and instantly assumed it must be Brookes. I still think Brookes would make a lot more sense.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

How can I not see the problem?

What problem? Ginger boy has a rider for his team, and Sylvain has a lovely shiney Aprillia. Problem solved. Plus, its only October ffs. Lots of time. And please don't give me any bleeding heart nonsense for Denning. How many times has a rider been turned over at the last minute by a team owner/manager because a "better" rider became available at the last minute. I'm certain Paul Denning would lose no sleep at all doing that to a rider. Dennings best bet is to take it on the chin and wish Sylvain well.

Would YOU turn down a factory Aprillia ride if you were in Sylvains position?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I would definately Supermario if I'd already signed to ride a factory Suzuki, which must be a good ride as Leon Camier opted for it ahead of the Aprillia.

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER2

Aug 02

FATFRYER2 says:

After been treated as bad as Sylvain was by the Effenburt team this year you would have thought he would have known better and kept to his word/handshake or whatever he intended.

so wheres Eugine going if Guintolli goes to prillia then??

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Clearly Sylvain disagrees

and I imagine he's in a much better and more informed position than you to make that decision. As for the Suzook, except for one race it hasn't really come up trumps.

I'm also puzzled by Dennings comments. What does he hope to achieve by this? Is he trying to make Sylvain feel so bad that he'll come back? or merely damage his reputation as one of the nicest guys in the paddock? This should never have been a story, because its none of our business. Its between PD and SG.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices