You are in... Forums > General > General > new boots

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gaz1982

Aug 10

gaz1982 says:

new boots

Has anybody got any advice on some boots. They need to be waterproof warm and offer protection. They also need to be wide fittting in the calf. I currently have a pair of smx5 but they would only just fasten around the calf. I have tried sidis ,tcx, and other alpinestars but they wont fasten around my legs. The budget is also a bit tight aswell. If anybody has got any info please reply and thankyou.Gaz.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 October 2012 11:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Boots

The boots you have mentioned all seem to be at the sporty end of the design spectrum.  Try looking at touring boots which are designed with comfort in mind as well as protection.  I have a pair of Dainese touring boots (Can't remember which model) which are a more generous fit.  Most of the manufacturers will make something in this style.   

Reply to this Topic
gaz1982

Aug 10

gaz1982 says:

thank you Marcus

I guess what Im wanting is something that will not look out of place with my leathers but an all year round boot. Im off to see what I can see in the dainese range.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

boots

my best boots for winter are some frank thomas tourers..warm and comfy for winter, too hot for summer so have two pairs..

Reply to this Topic
Mjollnir

Aug 08

Mjollnir says:

Altberg

Ticks every box on your list, and they offer a custom fit service where you can send in your calf size and they will make a special cut to fit, for a cost.

must be fairly good most police and paramedic riders wear them, and they regularly come top or near top of the ride's power survey. 

My current pair are 7 years old now and still in good nick.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Boots

Yep,

Altberg are the best made to measure service and the guys really know what they are doing well worth the trip 'up north'

Had mine 4 years now worth every penny and a dam sight cheaper than the posh racing stuff available.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices