Skip to content

Discuss This 2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R first ride: "More torque, but still plenty of top end" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R first ride: "More torque, but still plenty of top end"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R first ride: "More torque, but still plenty of top end"

MCN Senior Road Tester Adam Child is currently in Chico, California, at Thunderhill Race Park putting Kawasaki’s new 636cc ZX-6R through its paces around the demanding track. For 2013 Kawasaki has gone back to the 636cc capacity, which means significant improvements in power and torque. Here are Adam’s initial impressions: “The track is amazing, one of the most demanding tracks I’ve ever...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 October 2012 17:21)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

Sounds great... but so expensive

Look I appreciate there is a market for fast 600'ish bikes but why don't Kawasaki make a more sensibly priced ranhe. Either an ERF-6 @ £6000 or a ZX636 at nearer £10000 is it just me or does Kawasaki have room for a new mid priced £7500 model...? while we are in that ball park, the new ZX 8 is looking awesome, if last weeks pics are anything to go by, roll on 2013.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

@burnthouse

If you want a bike that is prices liked an ERF-6 or a ZX636 why don't you go buy one of those? why does everyone one want bikes to be dumbed down to a price point?? More importantly how does the ZX-6R stack-up against the R6 and the 675 on the track? and is it truly competitive?

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Too pricey

I'm sure it isn't as torquey, or powerful as a GSXR750, so I can't help but wondering why anyone would get this for the same money as the Gixxer ? Little wonder 600/4s are losing their popularity.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

@HkUK

Cause you can't race the GSXR750 in the 600 class.......... the 600s are great for thrashing the tits off round a track.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

HOW much?

No... seriously, enough joking around.  Ten thousand pounds for a 600?  Ten thousand pounds?

The lowest selling Japanese marque responds to the massive drop in 600 supersports sales by... ramping the price through the roof?

I wish them all the success that they deserve.

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

track day bike

It would be interesting to find out how many MCN readers do partake in 'track days' and of those how many use their bikes to do so. Is it the pursuit of the wealthy biker who can afford the odd £9000 + gear etc... or are Kawasaki hoping an economic upturn combined with a generous trade-in/ interest free/lease program for their ZX6R... what will the service costs be for such a complex machine... oh and one more thing have Kawasaki heard of MOTO GP... so much money spent in research for a limited return... didn't they pull out of MOTO GP for that reason... Chriswren I hear what u say, my money is on a ZX8 I'll leave the trackday thrash bikes to those who can truly appreciate them :0)

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

My local bike dealer is doing...........

................brand new (last year's spec) R1s for less than that. Why would anybody want a 600? If you're gonna go sport bike it has to be a litre bike or stick to your Bandit.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

same spec for less

you can get a lot more bike for less if you shop and have a bit of mechnical knowlegde, way too over priced imo.

Reply to this Topic
DorisM77

Oct 12

DorisM77 says:

Welcome to____Seekingbikers (Please Google it)____the largest dating site for motorcycle enthusiasts. Have a try and you're bound to find your biker soul mate to ride and travel together with hundreds of thousands of single motorcycle men and women are there. :)

Reply to this Topic
edsy007

Jan 10

edsy007 says:

Price

Prices are high no getting away from that but fair play to Kawasaki - a 600 with mega (apparently on the ZX10) Traction control for the same price as a GSXR, R6 and that ancient, old, piss poor Honda.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices