Skip to content

Discuss This 2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R first ride: "More torque, but still plenty of top end" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R first ride: "More torque, but still plenty of top end"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R first ride: "More torque, but still plenty of top end"

MCN Senior Road Tester Adam Child is currently in Chico, California, at Thunderhill Race Park putting Kawasaki’s new 636cc ZX-6R through its paces around the demanding track. For 2013 Kawasaki has gone back to the 636cc capacity, which means significant improvements in power and torque. Here are Adam’s initial impressions: “The track is amazing, one of the most demanding tracks I’ve ever...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 October 2012 17:21)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

ZX 636 How much???

Why is it the manufacturer's,bring out next year's model,add 37cc re-jig the body/colour scheme,add a few other un-called for touches and hike the price up another £3-500??? Have they ever heard of RECESSION,WAGE FREEZE,JOB INSECURITY,UNEMPLOYMENT,ETC? No,of course not,because £9999 for a 600 with ABS is taking the P.I.S.S

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

You serious, edsy007?

Stock traction control, but optional ABS?  What Power Ranger fantasist came up with that bright idea?

I believe that the price is down to Kawasaki (like Yamaha) keeping too much of their big bike sourcing and manufacturing in Japan, and being stuffed by the skyrocketing value of the Yen.  Suzuki and Honda have been far more aggressive in exploiting the cheapest <strike>slave</strike> happy-joy labour forces, and so have been able to keep their prices down (Suzuki) and their profit margins up (Honda).

Reply to this Topic
K1234

Oct 12

K1234 says:

Sounds Better than a 10

TC on a 600 great ABS even better looks awesome cant wait for it (trust me 600s do highside especially on track). The price seems fair given how much better it is than everything else. Honda is donkeys old and the Suzuki is pants. If you think 10 is expensive buy the out going model they are going for 6.5k brand new. If its too extreme get a Versys in other words stop moaning.

Reply to this Topic
edsy007

Jan 10

edsy007 says:

Rogerborg

Speak to most 'Power Ranger fantasists' and I think you'll find most dont want ABS as they believe it interferes too much on sports bikes, and that a rider needs the 'feel' that they get without ABS to go fast.  So a choice is spot on, if expensive!

You do have a point though, ABS as standard is the future I think and there is no getting away from it.

As for Suzuki & Honda exploiting labour forces for maximum profit (your words) - reason enough not to buy either of their bikes then...

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Looks good and packed with tech, kawasaki's asking price on the bike is bang on where every other manufacturer is around that cc mark. And lets not forget they just took the supersport title. Looking good kawa

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices