Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: World Superbikes now too close to MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: World Superbikes now too close to MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: World Superbikes now too close to MotoGP

Valentino Rossi believes World Superbikes needs a major technical revamp to use more production-based machinery in the future. But the nine-times world champion has urged Dorna, which now controls World Superbikes after the recent acquisition of Infront Motor Sports, not to dumb down the technical rules too much to take away the skill and fascination of riding in WSB. Now that Dorna...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 October 2012 17:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Old #3 @ 40 something

Max doing the business. Wife and 2 kids in hand. Must eat at Rossi.Reminiscing about Bayliss I guess.

Not fair. The bloke won Valencia 2006 and he's a measly peasy SBK rider. Had no business interfering with the battle between myself and Hayden.

The sooner this clown un-ungraces himself from premier GP grid,the better. Moan,moan and moan.

Why the hell he got a factory Yamaha ride for 2013/14 is not beyond me. It merely defies logic. They would have done themselves a favour by signing Barbera for 10 bucks a week. Trimby says,'effectively running prototypes'. Tell that to Aprilia/BMW/Kawasaki/Ducati/Suzuki you clown. 'SBK needs to get its act together'.

It always has been together. Dorna and Flo never could live with it,hence the Dorna takeover of both series.

However,I agree with Rossi on this one. The series MGP and SBK need to seperated on a huge scale technologically for the sake of both series under a common umbrella.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Was'nt it part of the Yamaha deal for Rossi to have a WSB ride in 2015 on an R1 before his retirement?

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Dunno Cornbowl

IF it was it makes Yamaha double dunces. Without doubt there will be a bunch of hungry youngsters queing up for half a chance at the big time. Is it fair on the younger generation ? I think not. Some sports need to perhaps enforce a retirement date. GP bottleneck sucks. A 30+ limitation is a sensible option.

I for one want to see the Vinales',Cortese's,Pol Espargaros' etc on the premier prototypes right now.

The Colin's,Nick's and Vale's are so predictably boring,no wonder the series is going down the tubes.

The GPC manufacturing rules to maintain a bygone era of superstars.

This old guard,had they any conscience would push off by virtue of their own volition. They contribute nothing in terms of development,spectacle nor anything other than their overly common mugshots on any given Sunday. Admittedly the mugshots do bring in a modicum of sponsorship $. Even thats wearing thin.

Figured by now FIAT would be sponsoring #46's Yamaha. Guess they can't even sponsor themselves right now. Eurozone.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

I disagree Bootlegger,

I haven`t heard of any championship, be it in bikes, tennis or tiddlywinks where its been suggested that a competitor must be forced to retire at a certain age. The idea is crazy. Many riders mature and ride well after 30, having gained experience and racecraft. If your fast enough, your good enough. Its as simple as that. 

I agree with the comments though by Rossi and Trimby, WSB has drifted too close to prototypes over the years and should be closer to street bikes. The racing spectacle wouldn`t suffer.

Reply to this Topic
Strokey

Sep 02

Strokey says:

What planet are you on, suggest you watch Montegi 2 years ago, certainly more interesting than the Montegi just gone thanks to Rossi on a competitive bike

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Bollox...

...They have systematically strangled and nobbled the true potential of the prototype series over recent years, and now complain that the streetbikes are to close in performance??? are they suprised ffs?  If the prototypes were to run as they could (and should) there wound be comparison. The fact that Biaggi's Aprilia would leave De Puniet's one eating dust is just a farce.....

This merger can be nothing but bad for superbikes...the performace gap will be maintained by merely sabbotaging WSB, which will, hopefully for Dorna, make Motogp1 the clear crown jewels of 2 wheel racing.

The whole thing stinks....

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

bootlegger

rossi got ride coz he his best rider ever to sling a leg over a motorcycle u dimwit.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Rossi Is wrong

WSB i not too close to moto GP , GPs are too close ( read SLOW ) compared to WSP.

WSP RULES

AND BSB !!!

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Vtwinmark

Yes, you make a good point about the strangulation of the prototypes and the SB`s catching up. But costs must be kept down somehow. The world has moved on from the good old days of multi manufacturers scrapping it out. 

I don`t know what the answer is, but allowing "anything goes" in MotoGP would result very soon in a one make Honda series. Kawaski and Suzuki baled out and a small outftit like, say, a Kenny Roberts` team is out totally of the question these days. Ducati must make progress next year, or I fear they`ll pull it as well.
The situation is not what we all want, but its what we`ve got and the best must be made of it. Unfortunately that means changes will have to be made. 

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Cheeky, So if..

..they adopt the "anything goes" rules back to MotoGP, we'll end up with Honda and Yamaha pissing off into the distance, and the rest just making up the numbers....hmmmm can't see the difference myself.  But at least we'd see the things at their true potential, the REAL pinnacle of 2 wheel sport..

Superbikes have always been close to GP bikes anyway, why the panic now...I recall Steve Hislop lapping Donnington as fast as a GP on a Ducati back in the mis 90's....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices