Skip to content

Discuss This 2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R on the road: "Softer and much more compliant" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R on the road: "Softer and much more compliant"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R on the road: "Softer and much more compliant"

MCN Senior Road tester Adam Child is currently putting Kawasaki’s new ZX-6R 636 through its paces in California. Yesterday he was on track, today he's in the mountains of northern California. Here are Adam’s first impressions from the fast road ride: “We’re on road settings and road Brigestone S20 rubber which means the new ZX-6R steers much slower and the ride...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 October 2012 09:36)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Eh ?

I reckon the 675 Daytona has more and broader torque so it sounds like someone is just repeating what they heard in a presentation. "Class leading torque". Cliched sales blurb.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Reckon?

Hkuk... More and broader spread... Please feel free to cite your sources or ill call bullshit.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Go on, compare it against other £10K bikes

Rather than other "600" bike.  Apply the "if it were my money" test.  Would you?  Like fuck you would.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

new 6

rather go out and buy a £5.5 08> fireblade

that would smoke that 6,

them blades are so easy to ride a novice would be ok onboard

pointless for a 10k 6 other than for racers

3k 04 > honda 600 RR woukld still be 90% as good for £7k less

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

Gixercarl

Ofcourse wud love to go Honda if it dint suck so bad in looks department..both CBR600 n R6 need major revamp...new ZX6R is cool

Reply to this Topic
DorisM77

Oct 12

DorisM77 says:

Welcome to____Seekingbikers [Please Google it]____the largest dating site for motorcycle enthusiasts. Have a try and you're bound to find your biker soul mate to ride and travel together with hundreds of thousands of single motorcycle men and women are there. :)

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Is it true what people are saying. £10k for a 600? Unbelievable. £10k?.....no, that can't be right.....

and manufacturers wonder why new bike sales are down?

I'm now in talks with Suzuki to produce an SV1200 for £7999. I'm not of course but I'll be happy to take 1% of worldwide sales off them for my brilliant idea. If they do it, they've now got to contact me or else risk a hefty lawsuit for theft of intellectual property rights. lol

meanwhile it's £10k for a green 636. Old ones are going for about £2- £3k. Hmmmm

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

I never understood the whole "easy to ride"....... I've gotten on so many bikes and been fine, they're all easy to ride as much as you're willing to push them, which on the road is the same. Now round a track the ride different but they're all easy to ride, the difficulty comes in riding them fast. Again though you all end up doing the same on each bike within your ability, there is no such thing as this whole easy to ride crap, people learn the differences quick.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

Also I had the stock Bridgestone tyres for the last model the BT016 or sumthing like that and they were the worst tyre ever. They had no grip ever, always spun when it was a bit cold and I low sided on them at like 10mph doing nothing wrong, they just lost grip. Luckily my crash bungs saved my bike from any damage and I got the Pilot Road 3s and they've been amazing. I rode the BT016s to the canvas in 2500 miles but the Pilot road 3s have grip in all weather types, they have way more dry grip and I'm so much faster with them compared. On top of that I've now done 4000 miles on them and no signs of the tyre squaring off or wear. I also have no chicken strips on these tyres which I had on the Bridgestones because I just didn't feel safe on them.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

"softer and more copliant"

Just what I've been waiting for. Do they do it in any other colour?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices