Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding to stay in Moto2 in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding to stay in Moto2 in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding to stay in Moto2 in 2013

Scott Redding will remain with the Marc VDS Racing Moto2 squad in 2013 after hopes of a Ducati or Honda switch to MotoGP vanished. The Gloucestershire rider’s new deal will be confirmed during this weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang, while Finn Mika Kallio is to remain his teammate in an unchanged line-up. The Belgian-based Marc VDS Racing squad had reached an...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 October 2012 11:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ed30

Sep 12

ed30 says:

Oh Dear Oh Dear

His career is slipping between his fingers. As the bosses always say.....it's not just the results in the intermediate tier that show your class, but rather how quickly you transition through it to join the big boys. With that in mind it must mean that poor Scotty is not regarded highly enough by those in the know if he has to put up with a 4th year. If he doesn't win a bunch of races in 2013 then he can kiss a top flight career in motogp goodbye. Such a shame as he is an awesome rider who needs a bigger more powerful bike......please don't end up in WSB Scott.

Reply to this Topic
doctorfrank

Dec 08

doctorfrank says:

Hold On

Now then ed,if his results in the intermediate tier are lacking where does that put bradley smith, not knocking him, who has secured a ride in moto gp and is currently 7th in the championship,and I could think of a lot worse places to be than in WSB with max,leon,tom,marco,eugene,sylvan to name a few

Reply to this Topic
ed30

Sep 12

ed30 says:

Doctorfrank

I'm a big fan of Scotty and Bradley and think they both deserve to be in Motogp next year. All I'm saying is that Scott has had 3 years in the class already, and only had 6 podium finishes with an overall placing of 8th in 2010 and 15th in 2011.......also he's on a Kalex which Espagaro has jumped on this year and performed outstandingly well. I just think that he'll badly need to be winning races next year otherwise his future won't look as bright as it once did. Bradley is in his second year in moto2, has 3 podiums and finished 8 places higher that Scotty last year.......also worth bearing in mind he's moving up with a team he's already a member of. I'm also not knocking WSB either really, I just think that Scotty could be a race winner in motogp and deserves to head in that direction...and I hope he gets the results he needs to next year and gets snapped up by a decent team. :-)

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Surprised??

Makes me laugh when people on on this forum go on about riders passports..You'd have to be pretty naive not to expect latin sponsors not to push for Spanish and Italian riders.My main concern is never seeing any British corporate sponsorship on the sides of the bikes of our GP stars of the future..all the backing for Scott.Bradley and Cal comes from our European neighbours!!!They're happy and capable of putting money where their mouths are..As for riders being roughed up by Simoncelli(mr Kraps) ,may I remind you that Pedrosa would have been in contention for last years championship had he not been injured by Simos reckless(at times) riding 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Park "n" Ride

I have seen far worse move's than simoncelli's on Pedrosa go unpunished, just look at some of Marquez stunts. Hell that boy even got the race stewards overruled by the organisers. the power of Repsol eh,

Simoncelli never actually touched Danny, Danny fell off all by himself. Im not saying it was a great move but i have seen far worse (by Repsol riders) go unpunished.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Simocelli for all his size and weight disadvantage finished 1st and 3rd in the 250 class before moving up to motogp, so is the size or weight of the bigger riders such a disadvantage really?

Marquez is a lightweight sure, but the speed of his bike down the straight can't all be down to his size - the speed he passed some of those bikes on straights on Sunday was ridiculous, can there be any doubts over the speed of the bike itself?

With Redding, I agree with Ed. Another year in Moto2 could be as counter productive as it could be beneficial.  His size on the bike makes him look awkward but there is no doubt he is capable of running at the front as he has shown it more than once. The bike is a good one although we'll have to wait and see about next year's, but with it being his 4th year, he is going to be under a certain amount of pressure to perform this time and another mid top ten or lower could see him overlooked for Motogp the following year - assuming there are any worthwhile rides to be had there. I'd say regular podiums are a must nest year.

I'm 50/50 over the Ducati situation. I'd love to have seen what he could have done on it, given his impressive test, but at the same time there would have been no allowances should he have flopped and all other Motogp doors may have been closed thereafter. Hopefully he'll do enough in 2013 to gain interest but it just remains to be seen whether there is a decent team to move to. Moto2 champ would help immensely there I'd imagine...

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

I've always thought that he might have a entertaining style of riding, but if he tried all that backing in in Motogp he'd spend a lot of time on his arse.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Brit money

Want to see Brit riders? turn the fucker off and watch bsb , Dorna already have as many people in the UK as they will ever get , when  it wasnt even on tv in the mid 80s we had 4 riders in gp all of them on factory bikes .

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ezpeleta has fucked Scott over

With his ridiculous four factory bike limit from each manufacturer. Marc VDS has the budget to take Redding into Motogp, either HRC or Corse could've provided a machine but for Rossi's dodgy uncle.

Parky is bang on with all points in his post.

I don't think Bautista is too hard done by on 90k a year. That'll be significantly topped up by personal sponsorship, bonuses and PR gigs.

Redding et all back it in due to the rudimentary slipper clutch within the cbr600 engines. He wouldn't / couldn't on a Motogp machine.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Redding ...

... had his chance with his Ducati trial but was almost a full second a lap slower than Iannone - it's no wonder Ducati didn't get back to him.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices