Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP boss wants imminent decision on 2014 rules MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP boss wants imminent decision on 2014 rules

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP boss wants imminent decision on 2014 rules

MotoGP boss Carmelo Ezpeleta says he will push through his controversial plans for a controlled ECU and rev limit unless the factories can propose viable alternative options to help achieve his objectives of cutting costs and making racing more entertaining. Ezpeleta said he is willing to compromise on implementing radical rule changes like a single ECU if Honda, Yamaha and Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 October 2012 11:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The factories that are in GP at the minute, don't have any other proposals..this is clear.

I think most fans want to see works bikes on the grid from the Japs..but not under any condition. Their rules have been responsible for shrinking grids and processional racing since 2006.

Something has to be done to increase the excitement so GP can flourish and be sold as entertainment. We had great racing before 800..it's not rocket science.

If Honda want to fuck off, and yamaha follow..bollox to 'em. Others will take their place and the show will go forward in a healthier state.

Carmelo is talking sense.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

This is what he wanted to say 6 months ago but couldn't as Honda were threatening to withdraw and head to high tech WSB. Itc check mate.

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

prototype/CRT equalization

Couldn't this be done with tyres? Added benefit is cost savings- costs usually best saved by changing nothing. At least for those already there.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Prototype schmototype

The thing is ,the term prototype gives an impression of being better than a road bike , but if that prototype was somewhat less than a road bike ie  800cc  v Desmosedici 990? that leap of logic wouldnt exist, so what do we want from MotoGP? I think we'd all agree , wheelie popping , tyre sliding noisey  harsh racing bikes  being ridden by highly skilled riders ,. To get this there needs to be a breakaway series using high power engines in all similar chassis a la 500cc strokers .Moto2 ought to be 500cc twin 4 strokes , not 4 cylinder cbr600 engines , thats just pathetic and anoying although i admit excellent racing  maybe  .2 moto3 engines cobbled together or something similar ?.I cant help thinking its all doomed .

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

GO TO SLEEP .....

HEY EZPELETA IHAVE IMMINENT DECISION FOR YOU. GO TO SLEEP B...H.

AND DONT WAIT FOR 2014. YOU DONT LIKE RACING, YOU DONT HAVE A RACING HEART,  EVERY TIME THIS RETARD HAS A BRAINFART MOTOGP DIE'S A LITTLE MORE. I RATHER SEE MOTOGP ALIVE THEN THE  RETARD RUNNING IT.

YAMAHA HONDA DUCATI SHOULD PLAY IT HARD.!

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

yeah baby

being as we haven't had any racing i mean racing not follow my leader, what is wrong with trying to make it more interesting and more cost effective at the same time.

good on ya carmelo can't be any worse than the last five years of carnival processions we've watched

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

yeah baby

being as we haven't had any racing i mean racing not follow my leader, what is wrong with trying to make it more interesting and more cost effective at the same time.

good on ya carmelo can't be any worse than the last five years of carnival processions we've watched

Reply to this Topic
doctorfrank

Dec 08

doctorfrank says:

Evolution

No one was more sad than me when 2 strokes were phased out and replaced with moto 2 and moto 3 but hey wot the f*ck everytime race day comes around it's them that are putting on the real nailbiting racing which is what I certainly want to see.The big race has to some degree been lack lustre of late and you won't get all the factory teams to agree after all they all want the edge. Look at BSB would we have seen some of the less prominent teams up there with the top runners if it was'nt for a control ecu and it has produced quality racing. So back to the argument go for it carmelo cos in 20 years time we will all be having the same argument about banning internal combustion engines and switching to electric bikes.I remember mick doohan taking the piss out of 4 strokes when they were breaking into gp's calling them diesels. F**k my pipe has gone out now

Reply to this Topic
dozyhonda

Jun 06

dozyhonda says:

Motgp is boring

Motogp has become boring, no wheelspin to speak of no backing the bike in it has become so much like two wheeled F1 it has even managed to out bore that at times. At present, if we are lucky, we get to see two or three laps of reasonably close racing then one or two riders f**** off at the front and that gets down to one after ten laps and we all fall asleep. However, it is not just the boring aspect that has to be tackled, it is this stupid idea of having 'satelite teams' running bikes that are obvioulsy slightly detuned from the works bikes and they imagine that us mugs will fall fo this being a form of racing..give me strength, that is taking the p***. Why would any rider who professes to be a professional ride a bike that is clearly never going to win a race unless it rains or all the works bikes fall off. Having a controlled ECU etc will still not help the 'satelite team' as if you start with a sack of bits you will still take the grid with a sack of bits albeit with a control ECU, and if your engine never made the same power and torque that the works engines did to start with the whole exercise is a farce.

The bit I can't get to grips with is these silly CRT bikes that seem to be uprated WSB bikes dumped into Motogp. The whole thing has the begnnings of a slow descent into anonymity.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Anyone remember the ACU

They had idiots like this, the main one being a silly old fart called Vernon Cooper ,To be honest this fool is to old, to bias and only interested in the profits .does this really benefit the sport the fan or the Riders ? not a retorical question,F1 has a Billionaire Dwarf ,motogp has Dorna,The futures bleak

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle