You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Short Term insurance

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

Short Term insurance

I am trying to sell my bike, as I am currently at university and there is no need for it. I am also getting hammered with depreciation, I was a bit of a tit and bought it new. But before I sell it, I would like to pass my motorbike test before the stupid new laws come in January. 

Is there anywhere on the internet that can insure me for a reasonable price for about a month. I think I tried 'ebike' but they quoted me £168 roughly for a month which I find ridiculous. 

I tried looking at a motorbike school, because then I could just sell the bike and use their bikes. But the motorcycle school where I live were not flexible, their starting price was about £500.

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 October 2012 15:52)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Short-term insurance

Why not talk to your current broker ./ underwriter?  They are in the best position to offer you something short-term and you already have a relationship with them. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

I talked to a broker near where I am currently staying, he said that cannot offer temporary insurance. He did recommend a place down the road but I could not find it. I will try find it tomorrow. I have a problem with my current supplier, I made a mistake and now I owe them money the bunch of... 

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a website or something.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices