Skip to content

General Old vs new. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Old vs new.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Old vs new.

I was just reading the "Forgotten Regiment" (Japanese 600s) article in November's Performance Bikes magazine. On page 52 there is a dyno plot showing results for the 2012 ZX6R, R6, GSXR-600 and CBR600. Out of interest I pulled out the dyno plot which came with my '99 ZX6R (no torque plot, unfortunately) where the previous owner (up to 1800 miles) had added a Dynojet stage 1 tune at a total cost back then of £270 including set up. I plotted the readings onto the PB plot for comparison. Not too shabby!

Attached images:

1. Photo0616  
  2. Photo0616  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 October 2012 21:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gaz1982

Aug 10

gaz1982 says:

quite good

I had a g2 model zx6 and that had a stage 1. Was on when I bought it. For thirteen year old 600 it went really well.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

It's only one measure, the peak power is less and I assume there have been other improvements. After reading 600 shoot-outs for 13 years where this year's model is always better than the last, and the earlier models are relegated to "sports tourers" or suitable for newbies, I could have expected a bigger difference.

Reply to this Topic
gaz1982

Aug 10

gaz1982 says:

I think

in that way Kawasaki may have got it about right in back in 98. I loved mine and I would have another.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices