Skip to content

Ask an Expert Honda XR125 & advice Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Honda XR125 & advice

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Fizzeetoast

Jul 12

Fizzeetoast says:

Honda XR125 & advice

I've been looking around at 125 motorbikes for a while now while i've been saving up and recently i've beeen very interested in the xr, i'm quite tall (6 ft 2") so I thought the enduro style would be more comfortable for me as well as looking a lot better than a cg/ybr. However I was wondering if there would be any downsides to choosing the xr over the above bikes other than the price - i've only found a few xr's within my budget which is about 2000 including insurance and the main one I was looking at has no service history or tax and it's an 06 (although it does have a new mot) so I was worried about perhaps the milage being altered or whatever.

Any help and advice regarding anything here will be appreciated :)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 October 2012 12:37)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

XR125

Walk away from any bike that does not have a service history.  This particularly applies to 125's that will have had a large number of young owners with little mechanical knowledge or sympathy and even less cash that they want to spend on servicing.

Reply to this Topic
Fizzeetoast

Jul 12

Fizzeetoast says:

Thanks for the reply

Would you stand by that even with a new mot? It appears to be really hard to find an xr that meets my criteria :upset:

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

MOT

Too much store is placed in the fact that a bike has an MOT.  An MOT only means that the bike was in a road worthy/legal condition on the day it was tested.  I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe that a bike doesn't even have to run to pass an MOT test.  (Certainly that was once the case)  Either way, there is no way that it can be taken as any indication of the bikes future relibility.  To be honest, neither can a service history but it is a far better indicator.     

Sorry but that's the long and the short of it  :upset:

I assume by criteria you mean budget.  125's are expensive because they are in demand by new riders, which can be unfortunate for some looking for their first bike.  But keep looking and I am sure something will turn up.  You are more likely to grab a bargain in the small ads and newsagents windows rather than places like Biketrader or MCN.

Good luck.    

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices