Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ukontour

May 11

ukontour says:

Rear Caliper

HELP!!!!
Im trying to get the Rear Caliper off my VFR750 and I just cant work it out I know its probably something simple but it really is doing my head in.Any help guys cheers Mick

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 October 2012 18:46)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

rear caliper

More info really,usually the caliper holding bracket is removed,

Why remove it?

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Honda VFR 750 FK 1989?vintage

Hi Ukontour

As Jaffa90 says you really do need to give more info is your asking for assistance,looking at your avatar picture and then looking at your profile i see that your bike is probably a FK model?.This would make a very big difference to any information given as this type VFR is NOW very rare(especially being 23 years old:shock:) and was the early model that had a conventional swing arm not single sided one which the VFR models are greatly known for.

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-vfr750f-1989-englandmkh_model5581/partslist/F__1301.html#results

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-vfr750f-1989-englandmkh_model5581/partslist/

Try putting the bike on its main stand,unbolt the torque arm from the caliper holder(hanger)if your removing it to service it,clamp off the brake line as close to the caliper banjo bolt as you can to prevent brake fluid loss.Unbolt the banjo bolt,unbolt the rear wheel and slide out the spindle this will allow you to remove the caliper and hanger(holder) as one,as i think this early model caliper was not bolted on but sat on two slider bolts (if the spidle has been fitted with the nut on the side of the caliper you will be able to pull the spindle half way leaving the wheel in place for easy refitting assembling).You should now be able to slide the caliper off the hanger now to carry out any work.Good Look

KCMC:tongue: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices