Skip to content

General 350 miles in a year! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > 350 miles in a year!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Hondavfr800

Feb 04

Hondavfr800 says:

350 miles in a year!

During the last weekend I thought I'd check madams' Hornet mileage as it was a year ago I took it in for it's first year service. A princely 350 miles in the last year! In that year I returned from the dealer and I used it a few times in late Feb as I was in between bikes. Ok she had a minor op on her foot in the summer, but it's the usual, too busy with bringing work home, tired, got head ache !! :wink:, too hot, too cold, too much of a pfaff getting the kit on and my favourite " I thought you wanted to go out on your own as you didn't invite me!" I even got her insured to ride my bike but now the weathers turning, what a waste of a year.

So what's the best excuse you've heard for not riding

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 October 2012 20:28)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

well

i had to have a spell off the bike after I hopped on without noticing that my flies were undone....

......only went and ran over my own cock!

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I thought I was bad

only got up to 600 on the new bike and probably 400 on the other one (now sold) and a few bimbles on the little 400 so probably under 2k this year:shock:

How bad is that ?

Reply to this Topic
shugd3

Jun 11

shugd3 says:

mileage

i live in scotland and this year iv'e only managed 2200 miles on my z1000 in a year due to the rain, traded in my z750 last year and since then i think i should have got a canoe instead lol, or maybe a kawasaki jetski.

shugd3  

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

shugd....

if you live North of Glasgow/ Edinboro',give yourself a great big slap from us.I've walked farther than that this year.Babyblade, hang your head in shame.roseyeric,that's O.K. you can sit down to pee.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Give me that Hornet

It will be a sacrifice, but I'm willing to put a few miles on it for you :smile

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Ive just spent

2 days of my week off catching up on house work, because my excuse for not doing it was i was out on my bike...... i don't want to know how many miles Ive done this year,its going to be a lot....... ...just carnt get enough of my Blade.......:biggrin:

Roseyeric......:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Oldish

even worse the year before, I did more miles on the track than I did on the road:shock:

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i did a ok number of miles on my bike but my gear is still drying out after the last 4 rider in very heavy rain. the fun of living in scotland.

Reply to this Topic
cairnsie13

Jan 11

cairnsie13 says:

Same here

ive only done a few thousand miles this year if that due to rain

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Miles this year......

.......about 4000 - 5000, although did go for a tour of France back in Sept, Looe back in March, and around Wales the rest of the year.

Its rained like never before in Wales this year but we have had a few good days over weekends to get out.:biggrin: Bike no ready for a strip and clean over winter.:wacko:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices