Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Maverick Vinales quits ‘second division’ Moto3 squad MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Maverick Vinales quits ‘second division’ Moto3 squad

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Maverick Vinales quits ‘second division’ Moto3 squad

Maverick Vinales sensationally walked out on his Avintia Blusens squad on the eve of the Malaysian Grand Prix, surrendering slim hopes that he could capture the inaugural Moto3 world title. The Spaniard only recently signed a new two-year deal with the squad at the Motorland Aragon but he announced he had left the team having not appeared in this morning’s opening...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 October 2012 08:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

he is being unprofessional

Reply to this Topic
boro365

Oct 05

boro365 says:

Proper pro

Sorry sheene fan but if you were not told that the company next door offered you a job and they had better equipment to do it with and it would save you taking shortcuts and possibly extend your life because you didn't have to take the dangerous shortcuts you were taking and the person who should have told you was your manager I think you would be a bit on the not very happy side of life or to put it another way I think you would walk if not then you will have a very short working life good look mate and condolences to your wife on your cut short life for taking all them noughty shortcuts to make your job better

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

sad

Its sad that it came to this. I don't blame MV, but the people around him who should be advising this young kid. Fast rider, but still a kid, who has lot to learn. Wish him best for the future. I guarantee he will be next Lorenzo on Factory Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

The boy....

....has talent, no doubt about that.

Surely he should be honouring (or renegotiating) his contract with his current team?  It's not his teams fault that he has not been telling him about other offers.  And he obviously thought his team were professional enough when he signed a new 2 year deal?  So why the massive change of heart?

I do think though that he should be having serious words with his personal manager for not informing him off all offers that were on the table.  Sounds to me like either his personal manager was on a back-hander from the team, or his personal manager is also his team manager and has a vested interest in keeping Maverick at Avintia.

Hope it gets sorted though, as he is a bright star of the future, he needs to be on a competitive bike that can showcase his talents.  Good luck to him for that.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

All sounds a bit

pre menstrual to me

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Maverick

He may well have had reason to quite the Blusens team , but potential employers will be very circumspect of him now I should think .

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

He's been missing Paris this year. Poor lads backed up

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

He's been a bit wobbly this year belling and kicking the fk out of his bike. Most had him as odds-on favourite for the title.

Saying this..there is a clear conflict of interest with Ricard Jove being manager of the Blusens team AND Mav's personal manager. It looks like he hasn't told the lad of other offers so he could keep him in the team he runs? Bang out of order and typical of paddock politics in GP.

IMO he needs to ride a Moto2 next year. I doubt he'll have any bother drumming up interest despite the fact Repsol have dropped him.

Could be the best thing for him..if he puts away the hankies.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Dicky Doughnut ...

'He may well have had reason to quite the Blusens team , but potential employers will be very circumspect of him now I should think .'

So just imagine that you run a Moto2/3 team, and Jove comes up to you and says: 'Hey Dickhead - fancy some Maverick next year?'

What are you going to say?

Will it be 'Ooh, yes please - where do I sign?'.

Or will you be 'circumspect' and reject an awesome, world-class talent in favour of a pleb eg. Gino Rea?

At just 16yrs of age, Vinales has the world at his feet. 

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

His personal manager also runs the Avinta team. This manager never told Mack that hè could go to factory KTM. So Vinales signed with Avinta. He's just pissed off with his Manager and rightly so. I am still à fan, needs work on riding in the rain though.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices