Skip to content

Discuss This French breathalyser fines postponed General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > French breathalyser fines postponed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

French breathalyser fines postponed

Fines for not carrying a breathalyser kit in France have been postponed until March next year. The on-the-spot fines were originally due to be in force by November 1 this year. Motorcyclists and drivers caught without a breathalyser kit will have to pay €11 (£8.90). Moped riders are exempt. Motorists are expected to use the breathalysers to check that they...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 October 2012 10:36)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Phew, that's all right then

So all I need to carry is my original license, insurance, V5C, GB sticker or plate, lights adjusted to the right, a warning triangle, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, hi-vis reflective vest, spare bulbs, glasses if I wear contact lenses, 4 reflective stickers on my helmet, smash my GPS or phone if it has any speed camera info on it, oh, and pay whatever bullshit "fines" the Euro Dredd stitch me up with, on the spot, in cash Euros, or have my bike impounded, no excuses, no appeal.

Just so we're clear.

Reply to this Topic
redcatchris

Oct 10

redcatchris says:

Or to be even clearer:

Just obey the traffic laws of whichever country you want to ride in. Or stay at home and grumble into your copy of the Daily Mail.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Ferry

Just get the ferry to Belgium and go straight to Germany, Austria, Switzerland etc and totally avoid the place.

Reply to this Topic
grahamtpage

Aug 05

grahamtpage says:

Well said Rogerborg ...

Far too many conditions to fall foul of the law. France is a s**thole anyway, who'd wanna go there. Like rlf3 says, visit a nicer country of your choice.

Reply to this Topic
DaveyM

Aug 03

DaveyM says:

Me and the wife travelled to Normandy last month for our last trip to France, the powers that be are making riding over there a pain in the arse with their do's n don'ts.  We plan on getting off the ferry, turning left and get out of the country asp.

Unfortunately getting to Ostend by ferry is a non starter, with the travel to Harwich/Felixstowe plus the time the crossing takes makes no sense when we're 45 minutes from Dover.

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

French;British;German etc

The problem is not only the French, the root of the problem are POLITICIANS, these people don't have enough to do in their work and start thinking about BS ! Our society now think they can control everything and everyone with new laws and fall in this ridiculosity new laws.....Vote better that is the solution!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

DaveyM

There is now a ferry from Ramsgate to Ostend and I used it on the bike earlier this year. I really enjoyed it as it had real old world charm.

I agree with others in that I no longer go to france when going to the continent because of draconian traffic legislation being introduced there and expensive road tolls.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

vortex

Spot on mate,its not just a case of nothing to do either,The way to climb the political ladder is by having a thing ! something to bang on about and convince the world it is needed they dont even believe it themselves most of the time but it gets them noticed,look at old mary whitehouse she was famous nationally for just moaning about whats on the telly,utter bollocks but it made her famous.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Damn surrender monkeys, these stupid vehicle laws combined with the road tolls, and the fact that france is full of french people... well i guess they can do without income from tourism

Reply to this Topic
kharli

Dec 11

kharli says:

also they are 1 euro each from many french autopart outlets

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle