Skip to content

Discuss This French breathalyser fines postponed General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > French breathalyser fines postponed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

French breathalyser fines postponed

Fines for not carrying a breathalyser kit in France have been postponed until March next year. The on-the-spot fines were originally due to be in force by November 1 this year. Motorcyclists and drivers caught without a breathalyser kit will have to pay €11 (£8.90). Moped riders are exempt. Motorists are expected to use the breathalysers to check that they...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 October 2012 10:36)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Well, I have to say that when I rode across France this year and back again, I never even saw a policeman, let alone get stopped by one. How many people reading this site have ever been breathalysed in France? And spondonste, if you don't like paying road tolls, don't go on the motorways, theres lots of brilliant main roads and dual carriageways. I rode from Le Havre to cross the border to Germany and never touched a motorway and never felt my progress restricted. I don't think a few out-of-touch politicians should put us off riding some of the best roads in Europe. The moral here is if you want to get pissed, buy a moped! LOL.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Ever heard of a party called......

...........UKIP? Get off your pathetic knees and DO SOMETHING about the dictatorship that this country is sinking into before it's too late.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Ahem. Why the flying f*ck did we bother to liberate the froggies? Twice?? All those lives wasted for a bunch of whining pusbags.

Reply to this Topic
Dr Mengle

Apr 03

Dr Mengle says:

France is Great

What a load of misinformed bollox you w*nkers are spouting. Get to France (like I have) try living there (Ido) and you'll find out just how good it is and what you are missing.

I've been there 12 years and never been stopped by the police or the gendarms. I occasionally use the paege (toll roads) but not often as the route nationals are fantastic. No pot holes, good surfaces and drivers who are motorcycle aware and friendly. I don't pay for unemployed lay about scum, unmaried mothers with hoards of multi coloured spawn or various rag headed camel jockeys seeking asylum and milking the system. I pay for what I use and thats all.

There are no MOT's on motorcycles, no road tax, and insurance is cheap. Petrol is on average 8 to 10p a litre cheaper than Rip of Britain. I live in Normandy, where nearly 70 years ago the Allies came ashore. The locals remember this every year without fail, welcoming veterans and their relatives with open arms. The allied cemeteries are well kept and always immaculate.

Don't judge a nation by its' politicians. Because by that means, this country is Sh*te. Oh yes I forgot, it is.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Satnavsteve

Whilst I accept your point I have simply voted with my feet to stay away from france and not spend any of my cash there. Some ring roads around towns/ cities have multiple toll booths and you can end up having to pay every few miles. I now travel through europe via belgium/ netherlands/ germany etc.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

spondonste!

Are you telling me you are going to ride right around France just because they want you to buy a £5 breathalyser which if you havn't got, you will be fined £8.90p?!!! How much is that going to cost if you wanted to ride to Spain or Italy? And I'm sure none of us are going over there to ride around drunk, so whats the problem? You are also expected to carry spare bulbs and a first aid kit but no-one seems to mind that.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

@Dr Mengele, I do hope your French is better than your English..........by the way, have you started to experience the effects of all those Brits pushing up property prices so high that the native population are being priced out of their own home market? Be interesting to see how your views change when it happens.Yes, the roads are interesting and, on the whole, well maintained. Yes, it's a bit more relaxed. Sadly, it's just another Eurozone state, which, given their history in fighting any sort of conflict, be it physical or political, makes me think they'll get the rough end of a pineapple, just like we did.

From someone still proud of this nation, unlike a wannabe surrender monkey witha an adopted name from a high ranking Nazi. Who's the wanker now?

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Satnavsteve

I have been to italy many many times (I used to live there) and always went via the benelux countries and through germany - the ferries to Rotterdam/ Europoort/ Zeebrugge/ Oostende tend to be my main route to europe as I don't live in the south east of the UK. I went through france once in a van with bikes in the back and it cost me over £200 in tolls through france/switzerland/ Italy - with a significant proportion of that being costs through france. There were multiple speed cameras being hidden at junctions and I found the ride through france somewhat tedious.

I've also been to spain and simply get the overnight ferry to santander from plymouth.

I have toured around france on the bike and didn't find loads there that would make me want to ride there again. I'm not slagging off france but find the cost and hassle of riding there no longer worth it, particularly when countries either side aren't introducing non sensical driving laws with the constant threat of road fines.

I have worked and toured around europe and have lived on the continent. I missed the UK whilst I was there and chose to move back because there is a lot to like in the UK. I go to europe at least twice a year but tend to head over to benelux/ germany on my way around.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices