Skip to content

Ask an Expert eBike - any cheaper or any good? Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > eBike - any cheaper or any good?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

joshsilverman

Sep 12

eBike - any cheaper or any good?

So I am a new rider looking to get a bike. My insurance premiums are so high but ebike are at least half the price of most others. Are they any good?

Always looking for a deal so are there even any other comapnies out there cheaper?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 October 2012 11:08)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Samar

Aug 12

Samar says:

Very bad memories

Although I've never had bike insurance with them, I insured my car with ECar, which is this same company. Will never go back to them.

Firstly they provided only high rate contact number, so whenever I had to give them a call they charged arm and leg.

Other reason is, that when I moved house they decided to cancel my policy (as they don't see this area safe - Central Leeds?) and charge me cancellation fee!!!. I argued with them for couple weeks until they gave up.

If you decide to go ahead with them I hope you'll be more lucky

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i am still with them and they have been good.

i am with ebike just now. and find them good and at a great price and it just take short time to email my drivers license both parts to them, 

have made a claim with them and got a good deal and got it sorted quick and easy.

Reply to this Topic
CharlieSYLO

Mar 11

CharlieSYLO says:

Not had issues

I was with them last year and they did the job. Only changing this year as RAC quote was £34 cheaper. Bennetts were even cheaper still but I'm not a mug.

Reply to this Topic
jenros

Jun 10

jenros says:

e-bike

hi, just letting you know about something that happened to my mate,hes been with them for about 3/4 yrs,he has road bike and an off roader,private car and a van all insured with them as they gave the cheapest quote.He had just bought a new van,rang them to let them know,,few days later a email saying that is was a completly different model van,he informed them of this giving them reg,engine an chassis no. so they could check it was a uk model!. they said its not on our list but dont worry its listed as a different model to the policy!!!,hes a stickler for small print!!,he rang them,cost a fortune to do this as your left on hold,any way when he went through the policy with them saying what if i had a bump/had it stolen???because its not listed in "your "list would it invalidate the insurance?????,,,ummmm,ummm we will let you know?. then they said there was extra to pay as he only had 5yrs no claims?,how come when i came to you ihad 6rs!!,an ive been with you for 4 yrs!,,,they said "We only recognise 5YRS no claims!!!!,,,,he found all his old policys confirming this an no charge was added!!. So a word of warning to you all,,,,,just because the quote is cheap dont meen that much,,,say after like my mate he has over 11yrs no claims,when you change to another company an they ask for proof of ncs,,your only going to get 5yrs max!!!,,,so effectively they are trying to lock you into contracts so it will be totally uneconimical for you to change to another insurer,,,,toss bags!!:mad:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle