Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi slowed by understeer MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi slowed by understeer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi slowed by understeer

Valentino Rossi admitted he expected to be much faster at the start of the Sepang MotoGP round in Malaysia today after the Italian could only finish a rain-hit first day of practice in a lowly 11th. A lack of acceleration grip and chronic understeer – issues that have tormented the 33-year-old throughout his disastrous time at Ducati – were the biggest...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 October 2012 12:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Motegi - problems with the back of the bike (getting power down)

One week later ............

Sepang - problems with the front of the bike (steering)

It's been like this for the past two years with Rossi - he's a complete flake.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

MCN really does cater to the clueless..

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Painful!!

Roll on 2013!!!

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

BCB - I know you are a huge Dovi fan - do you think he will actually fair that much better? I can't see it to be honest (though I hope to be proven wrong - the more competitive machinery the better!) - all the Ducati riders typically report that the drive off of corners is one of its main weaknesses. Dovi's riding style is typically to square off the corner rather carry the corner speed - so he than relies on this more than most.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Things have not changed

For any rider on the duke. It seems to be fundamentally flawed. If Rossi and burges can do little in 2 years I doubt anyone can. Things change though and with Audi maybe they will.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Audi

are bringing cash for the 'kids' to play with, they are not bringing expertise, that was Rossi's concern. You can manufacture as many bits as you like, but that Duke has always been a dog, Casey wrestled it as much as he rode it. 

So now we've got a 4 star line-up for next year:- Spies - I'm going to discount him from the word go, he can't do a job on the M1, so imo his prospects are low. Ianonne - fast, flashes of talent, Moto2 rider, but as predictable as the british weather, so he's a 'jury out'  undecided, for me, but crashing will be high on his list. Nicky - well Nicky is Nicky, the old guard Ducati rider, he'll be the initial bench mark. Oohh and Dovi - likely to be best of the bunch, but he took a while to get used to the Yam, after being so long on Honda, he now moves into unknown territory, and we don't know whether he will adapt, and as the Duke stands, I doubt he will better Rossi overall. (Cornbowl haters please note - I have no particular favourite/hate axe to grind for or against any ot these riders, they are all talented in their own levels, but I don't think any of them will make any significant impression in MotoGP next year on that Desmo-ditchit)   

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

So did Capirossi Cornbowl

He won with it many times. Rossi's greatest contribution to Corse's efforts have been MOAN,MOAN and MOAN. Anyway who gives a damn. 3 weeks or so and Ducatista will be delighted to see the back of him and Rossi will be delighted with the Lorenzo/Forcada Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

MOANING

EXCUSE EVERYWHERE. YEAH, ONLY 46ERS BELIEVE IT. YOU CANN'T TAME BEAST BUDDY. THAT'S WHY YOUR CHICKEN MOVED SHOWN. GOODLUCK NEXT YEAR. OH, I FORGET, YOU DON'T NEED LUCK. YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST RIDER IN THE WORLD. CHICKEN CHAMPION. POK POK POKKKKK

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Furthermore

The Duke being a dog ? What does that make Kawasaki and Suzuki relevant to GP over the past decade or so? Splat shit statistically. I love dogs,particularly game dogs. Keep scratching Ducati. Two Japanese giants eliminated, 2 to go. The breeder and conditioner of the Corse has stayed the course. Its a shame the overhyped/overemployed/overpaid and certainly understeered handler could not deliver on any weekend since his November 2010 employment.   

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hey Wosi

But when it is raining a lot you start always from a low grip level and you get a lot of chatter.

Low grip?  Chatter?

I'd have paid money to have seen your reaction to that if it was a quote from Stoner.....  I'd wager a trip to PC world to replace a keyboard drenched in Bulmers

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices