Skip to content

Discuss This Zero mile Yamaha R7 up for auction General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Zero mile Yamaha R7 up for auction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Zero mile Yamaha R7 up for auction

A zero mile Yamaha R7 will go up for auction in the Bonhams end-of-season auction at the Stafford Show on October 21. The 2002 model R7, which has been signed by Noriyuki Haga is estimated to fetch between £12,000 - £14,000. Also up for auction is a Yoshimura Suzuki Hayabusa X1. It's one of 100 bikes built to celebrate the 1998 Suzuki Eight-Hours prototype...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 October 2012 16:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

It needs a nr41 painted on it. This bike with Nori on it were my favorite days of watching racing.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

great looking lemon

Without the engine kit it is a useless trinket,gutless by todays standards ,a 600 will murder it

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"by todays standards ,a 600 will murder it"

Yeah but no but, they look wack.:wink::biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Sprintst955

Of course a modern 600 would smoke it. That is not the point! This bike is a piece of history, R7 was only made to win a WSBK title. Yamaha at that time only made an R6 and an R1 wich they still do to this date. But if you wanted to race the Ducati 916rs. You needed a very stiff frame and à great 750 engine. Hence the R7! Nori would have taken this bike to Yamaha's first World title in Superbikes , but hè failed a bogus drugs test. Jus't sayin Nori Haga on an R7? Was great, an R7 on the road hoewever was crap because the frame is to ridgid. Sorry for rambling on like i did folks. But i love THE R7

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Great looking bike.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Nevermind a modern 600, a 600 at the time was pretty much on par with it! Like carlos said though, it wasn't really a road bike - just step one towards a fully blown race bike and I love them for it. So special.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Yes, we get the point guys.......

.........a modern 600 is faster. SO WHAT?

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

The buyer won't use it though!

People who buy zero mileage and unregistered bikes (often at a slight price premium) do so with no intention of ever using the bike. It will live in a warm garage and be sold in to a similar user in the future as an investment.

Reply to this Topic
suzukijv

Oct 07

suzukijv says:

Went to the auction. The R7 went for £20 k. And the yoshimura busa £17k, the duc916sps £18 I think and the 220 mph holeshot busa turbo £7800 (a bargin I think). All prices plus buyers tax 15% and then vat. That makes the R 7 £28k ! Mind you there were also some bargains to be had.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

Why don't you just get a modern bike that is better for like 10k and save yourself money? I don't get why people spend so much money on old inferior shite.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices