You are in... Forums > General > General > Numb hands help

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

j_skearney

Aug 06

j_skearney says:

Numb hands help

I'm new to sportsbikes.  I have an R1 and travel about 2 hours a day.  I've noticed my left hand suffers a bit with the engine vibes, it's not bad it just gets numb, but is there a simple solution?

Thanks for any advice

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 October 2012 09:52)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davidstowe358

Jun 08

numb hands

I used have the same problem all you can do is take the weight off of your wrists and keep your hands moving it keeps the blood circulating.

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Hi j_skearney

Make sure that the line of your arm, wrist, clutch lever is straight, if there is a slight mialignment which causes you to have to bend your wrist you will over a longer journey time suffer the symptoms you describe.

Should after making sure alignment is correct then you are probably suffering with the onset of 'carpel tunnel syndrome' this is the collapse of the tunnel in your wrist and is pinching the nerves.

It is a common problem for motorcyclists, lorry drivers, and typists these being the major groups that develop this complaint.

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Numb hands

Hi I.Skearney,

In addition to what the guys have suggested I suggest you modify your sitting position slightly take more weight onto your legs lock you legs into the tank. That way your upper body is not presssing down on the wrists it will help. 

Reply to this Topic
mallic

Nov 10

mallic says:

Numb hands

You could try these http://www.grip-puppy.co.uk/

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

I had them

on my Blackbird, they were OK but did start to crumble after about 6 months but they're not dear so replacing every few months not a problem, I may get some for my triumph, the grips are a bit skinny.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I use grip puppies,

I have been using the same set for over 3 years now and mine are lasting much better, with no sign of cracking. I even took them off the BMW and re-fitted them on the Striple. I think they're great. Nice and chunky for my hands and the heated grips work fine with them.

Not sure they's solve the problem on an R1, but they really are nice to use. Very comfortable.

Reply to this Topic
chriscg

Jan 10

chriscg says:

what i do

for longer rides is rest my palms on the grips and sort of lightly hold the other side with my fingers tips but not grip the whole thing tightly.Just rest on the bars and curl those fingers over but dont grip.You maywell have to firm up your grip for corners however,always remember to ease up again on the straights.

Not sure if this makes any sense to anyone else but me ,but oh well.  :.)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle