Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Casey Stoner bemoans severe chatter MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Casey Stoner bemoans severe chatter

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Casey Stoner bemoans severe chatter

Casey Stoner is worried a severe chatter issue with his factory Honda RC213V machine will hinder his hopes of securing a podium finish in his final appearance at the Sepang track in Malaysia tomorrow. The reigning world champion, who has been struck by chatter throughout his final premier class campaign, had major tyre vibration issues that left him fourth on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 October 2012 12:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

He's preparing his excuses for not winning at Phillip Island next week.

Reply to this Topic
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

mcn does it again

nice one lets start the casey hanging if people could be arsed to read other websites it does say on eurosport PEDROSA IS COMPLAINING OF CHATTER .i like the fact that since rossi annouced he was going back to yamaha that the stoner haters have popped back up,been abit quiet since been at ducati.i feel sorry for marquez next year i hope he doesnt overtake rossi in the race otherwise he will be hung drawn and quartered .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Respect

"I was leaning on my elbow trying to pick the bike up ...."

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Have to give the Orange transvestites a bashing    it's mandatory.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

All but two riders on all three grids would sell their own grandma to be on the honda, the other two have the best one money can't even buy... It's verging on criminal how far off putting Jorge to the sword, the repsol honda team are this year... Jorge would have won the title a race or two ago given the same bike, and the rest might as well have gone home before the season started with a 26/27 year old Rossi on it..

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Stoner and Lorenzo. The best two riders out there. If you can't see that then you don't know what you're talking about.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

it is one of the most difficult and one of the worst bikes I've ridden in my career.

Think on - taken in context, he means the way the bike performs with these tyres, not the bike itself

When I first tested this bike last year it was probably the best bike I've ever ridden and now riding it for the rest of this season it is one of the most difficult and one of the worst bikes I've ridden in my career.

Why Dorna would want to force through a front tyre that plainly gave the Honda problems in pre-season tests is anybody's guess. The tyre they originally tested the 2012 bikes with worked fine, the next two they tried didn't, the one they started the season with caused the lesser of the chattering problem on the Honda but Dorna still saw fit to force through the other one mid season which worsened it. There was no safety issue in 2012 that needed to be addressed, so that was pure bullshit.

I just don't see the point of handicapping riders with tyres that don't work. There is no place for special compounds for any one rider or team but the control tyre has to go. Another dumb-ass rule that has hurt various teams since it was introduced - ill-conceived and ill thought out. Time it went. Make a range of say half a dozen compounds that are available to all teams and let the teams choose which ones they want to use. At least they'd have a sporting chance of finding a compund they could make their bike work with.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Gentle applause please

Hugelean's on stage for his 2 minute comedy stint, entertaining the boys with some more priceless one-liners

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Whatever bulto, you clearly think you have a lot to share with the world, even if you think everyone else hasn't... There's only a couple of small flaws in your argument. Casey is supposed to be able to ride around anything, and a guy with the same kit has won something like 7 of the last 9 races....ooppss. Whatever way you try to butter it it's been a shocking year for Casey's reputation, should have packed in at the end of last year, now looks like he's running away with his tail between his legs..and is leaving with an awful lot still to prove.. Like he is anywhere near Rossi, which this is always about, takes back to backs as a bare minimum to fall into the category just below Rossi..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Madame bluto the mind reader

"Think on - taken in context, he means the way the bike performs with these tyres, not the bike itself"

So you've chatted with stoner about this personally then?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices