Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Casey Stoner bemoans severe chatter MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Casey Stoner bemoans severe chatter

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Casey Stoner bemoans severe chatter

Casey Stoner is worried a severe chatter issue with his factory Honda RC213V machine will hinder his hopes of securing a podium finish in his final appearance at the Sepang track in Malaysia tomorrow. The reigning world champion, who has been struck by chatter throughout his final premier class campaign, had major tyre vibration issues that left him fourth on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 October 2012 12:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Mario..

..The irony with statements like our friend Tomo's, is people on here spend an inordinate amount of time whinging about Stoner's apparent "moaning". They fail to spot the similarity in what they are doing with what they perceive him to be doing. The reason why certain people jump to Casey's defence, is the hypocrisy and the relentless cliche's about his personality thugs like Clarkson keep regurgitating...You can't keep moaning about someone apparently moaning...it just doesn't work.. That should wake Wosi from his slumber..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Its a fair point CHR, but

the same could be said of the stoner brigade. Our friend bluto being a perfect example, ready to jump down anybodys throat, with or without provocation. I guess it depends which side of the fence you're standing on.

When I said Tomo had a point I was making reference to the contrast between the stoner interview and the Rossi interview. Did you see them CHR?

Reply to this Topic
twiningstea

Oct 12

twiningstea says:

chr makes a good point

almost all complaints are about his lack of perceived personality. if you watch moto GP for racing talent he is by all accounts the fastest guy out there. if your main level of moto gp interest is personality maybe 'idol' or 'big brother' is a better choice. its getting so old that when rossi doesnt do well he complains about his bike...everyone agrees. crap bike .when he wins rossi is such an amazing rider. stoner suffers the complete reversal ....he wins...its the bike....he looses its him and he cant open his mouth about any trouble with the bike. prediction....personalty aside most people will miss stoner next year because the amount of times you say 'faaark' when he throws a bike through a corner full tilt is is a very rare skill.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I did see them Mario..

..like most people who follow the racing, I actually have the utmost respect for Rossi and when he's on his game, he's a pleasure to watch. I also understand his immense popularity - he's a character that time and time again has been able to talk the talk whilst simultaneously being able to walk the walk. You can't argue with that. What you can argue with, is this continued childish attack on his competitors personality's. I personally don't watch the racing because some of the racers are better at telling jokes than some of the others - I watch the racing because these guys are the best at what they do, irrespective of their demeanour. If I wanted comedy at the races, I'd sit and listen to Colin - but I don't, I want elbows scraping the ground and lean angles that seem to defy science! I don't particularly like little Marquez as things stand, but you can't deny, the boy's a ridiculous talent and deserves respect. Same goes for Stoner...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

if you didn't talk to casey, how can you make a statement about what he meant? Unless you're a mind reader bluto, you can't possibly know. As usual you confuse wishful thinking with fact.

Sorry Mario - you really aren't worth the effort. If I didn't talk to Casey......  Are you really this stupid?

As CH has pointed out, it's nothing short of hilarious witnessing the outright hyppocrisy in the 'moaining' posts by some of you lot. The responses to this hypocrisy aren't to 'defend' Stoner, they're simply to discredit what tits like you say and put them in true perspective.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

So serious..

What is hilarious is just how much defending of Stoner's personality goes on..his apparent no bullshit, couldn't give a fk attitude is a breath of fresh air and typically Antipodean. Everybody should be like him/us.

If he's such a good bloke and his heroic attitude has served him so well..why is he quitting because he's fed up with the game? Surley it should be like water off a duck's back?

The fact of the matter is, you can't divorce what makes Casey Casey from how he is on and OFF the bike. He's a tough little cookie in some areas but NOT so tough in others..he has his weaknesses just like me and you.

He can be negative to his own detriment..maybe it's impacted on his career? Not unreasonable is it?

Stoner has everyone's respect for what he can do on a bike..but that doesn't neccessarily mean we have to respect everything about the kid..the way he goes about his business.

You're wasting your time trying to command a snobby purists, moral standpoint by suggesting it's just about the on-track wins, poles, fastest laps etc.

Are you asking us to forget about a championship season, past seasons, defending titles, the twists and turns that intruige, personalities, politics..The bigger picture?

Why do you turn up here and comment when, reading the results would do?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

So tell me bluto

what part of "ha ha ha its just too easy" needed to be discredited?

You are the perfect example of the overly aggressive, hyper sensitive stoner fans that roam this site insisting that nobody be allowed to say anything negative about stoner, or positive about Rossi. Not only that but you even feel you have the right to put words into stoners mouth, particularly if your interpretation lends itself to your argument, regardless of fact. You're just asking to be made a fool of. casey has opened his mouth and thrown a wobbly, again. The words are written above in black and white. Deal with it.

CHR I can see you're a big casey fan and possibly the most rational one I have come across on this site. Its a shame we can't have a decent discussion without bluto fking it up because I think if there were more people like you on here, a lot more sense would get talked about stoner on both sides of the fence. As it is I think casey opens himself up to criticism more than most, particularly when he makes outbursts like the one above. Yes, he can ride a bike, no doubt. But he can also whine and sulk and act like a child in a very public fashion, and generally displays disdain for his fellow competitors, the fans and the sport in general. Its exactly that kind of behaviour that makes it impossible for me to have any respect for the guy. Sorry CHR, not trying to get a rise, just giving my opinion. Everyone has one, and everyone has the right to express it, rightly or wrongly.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Some reasonable points Wosi, but a bit wide of the subject - which was it's undeniable that it is the same people who jump on everything Stoner says and moan constantly about him moaning - it's as predictable as one of those Kardashian bints getting their tits in the press. It's that hypocrisy which is amusing.

Touching on what you say, none of the riders are perfect. Respect is an over and mis-used term. You don't respect someone just because they are good at their job, whatever it is, bike racer or doctor. If they are a complete c+nt then why are they worthy of respect? You can admire their ability to do a job, but respect, no.

With Stoner, I'm not sure what you mean about the way he goes about his business. To me Stoner is just honest and plain talking. He's a PR nightmare for some but for someone who hates PR bullshit, that sits fine with me. Nothing better than seeing PR tossers squirm watching a humand hand grenade with a microphone. I've never seen him rude or arrogant, he seems to have genuine principles about the way things should be done, which I respect. If he thinks he's been let down by personnel or equipment he'll say so, if he's frustrated it'll come through, just as he will admit if he has screwed up.

The only time I'm interested in seeing these riders is racing on the track and watching them race. I'm not interested in X -Factor pre or post race entertainment. I respect them if they are honest and have a sense of fair play, the latter being the main reason I could never be a fan of Rossi. He plays a good PR game and lots have been taken in by it but he has been a real twat to other riders over the years and you know it - no criticism though.

There seem no end of people willing to give the 'truth' on why Stoner is retiring, despite it being made pretty plain from his statement that he's just had enough of the constant interference from Dorna with rule changes.  As someone who lives for my biking and competes as often as possible, I can relate to what he means. There were a couple of series I used to compete in but the organisers grew too big an ego and became control freaks, imposing arbitrary rule changes and insisting on certain behaviour. I loved the events but couldn't stick the bullshit anymore as it outweighed the enjoyment, so I no longer ride them.  Quitter or reasoned decision?

You and I have a different perspective on racing. Ultimately, I couldn't give a stuff who wins the championship. I'd rather watch full on racing with riders going 100% for wins in each event. Championships can be engineered for riders to a certain extent and a rider can win one without being the best or fastest rider. So what. Lorenzo will be castigated if he went for wins in the next two races and lost the championship because of it. Others will moan that the races were boring if he just does what he has to do to pick up enough points to win the title and lets Pedrosa go which will mean two races with no real racing.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Not only that but you even feel you have the right to put words into stoners mouth, particularly if your interpretation lends itself to your argument,

Priceless, keep 'em coming

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

My God...... bulto

Do you ever read your posts after you write them?
I read snippets of your last long boring one and I wonder how you can write so much shit and really believe it.
If I was Casey I would be embarrassed to have you as a fanboy!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices