Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa wins to end rain jinx MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa wins to end rain jinx

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa wins to end rain jinx

Dani Pedrosa scored the first wet weather Grand Prix victory of his career earlier today after he triumphed in atrocious conditions at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. The Repsol Honda rider was leading the way in monsoon conditions when the race was red flagged on lap 13, with Race Direction declaring conditions too dangerous to continue. Cal Crutchlow, Andrea Dovizioso, Stefan...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 October 2012 12:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

I think Jorge should ignore'  Stoner and concentrate on sticking to Dani's tail-pipe if he can't beat him.   I hope the last 2 races are dry so we can enjoy the best of it.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

poor dani

riding his nuts off in the races thus far, unbelievable control in the wet...something i thought i would never have said of the little guy. Whats odd is i thought the Yamahas were perhaps the most stable bike on the grid, yet three riders fell off and one was close enough to binning it! and yet the chattery Hondas are still up near the front. Lorenzo/ Rossi better start praying Honda dont sort out the chatter once and for all come 2013..

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Ridge....

Maybe the Honda's weren't really suffering from chatter when they were set up for the wet, maybe the softer settings help.  They did look like a handful in the dry though.

Dani's ridden well in the wet in the past, only to push a bit to hard and fall off, a la Germany a few years ago when he bust his wrist while leading comfortably.

Would be nice for Stoner to finish between Dani and Jorge this coming weekend, just to close things up a bit going in to Valencia.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

An idiot squeaks ...

... "Poor ride from Dovi today."

Well a poor start (due to wheelspin), but a "poor ride" - what a stupid comment from CH987.

Passing Rossi, Hayden, Spies, Crutchlow, Bradl, Bautista, Barbera, Espagaro & De Puniet - within just 2 laps;

Pulling-up onto the back wheel of third placed Stoner by the tenth lap;

Crashing when the front washed out (off the brakes) mid-corner and remounting;

Riding without a rear brake and a damaged throttle to still finish the race (when more than 33% of the starters didn't);

Scoring points - and all this in the most treacherous conditions.

Sure it was a disappointing end to a promising weekend for Dovi, but to say that he rode poorly is plainly ridiculous.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

'For sure' it was a poor ride  passed all those riders then crashed - a clear case of his ambition outweighing his talent.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Lorenzo

raised his hand. Why do people think this was the trigger for race direction to stop it? 

I reckon Race Direction saw the rain and stopped it. Simple. 
When rivers are running across the track lives are at risk. For goodness sake get a grip people!
How many of the conspiracy theorists on here have experienced tropical rain? 

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Poor Saturn ...

... and for some odd reason I was expecting better from you.

Look, this is how it works. A ride can be considered to be 'disappointing' if the rider finishes in a lower than anticipated position and scores fewer points than expected - that's Dovi's ride.

A ride can be considered to be 'poor' if the rider fails to finish at all and scores zero points in the process - that's Crutchlow's ride. Got it now?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

A rider can be considered lucky if his bike hasn't been damaged in a crash and he is able to restart

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

ambition outweighing his talent

Agree with you there Saturn.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

mandyloonybennhmmbullshitter

No ,I think you will find I merely point out how you demonstrate what an obsessive lunatic you are and that you have nothing but this site and your obsession with Cal Crutchlow going on in your life, your a total moron ,take your medication you lazy backed sponger ,get a job and donate something to society other than your multiple ramblings on here ,how many posts today sad twat !? count up and its day in day out ,get my point thicko,by the way did you spot that #4 binned it as well ,just you failed to mention it in any of your guises,high time they kicked you off again for good ,lets face it ,you cant take a hint can you,

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices