Skip to content

Discuss This Turn 3 to be named after Casey Stoner at Phillip Island MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Turn 3 to be named after Casey Stoner at Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Turn 3 to be named after Casey Stoner at Phillip Island

The Phillip Island track in Australia will honour reigning world champion Casey Stoner by naming its Turn 3 after the Repsol Honda rider later this week. A special naming ceremony will take place at Turn 3, which is one of Stoner’s favourite corners on the 18-round world championship calendar, on Thursday morning ahead of his farewell appearance in front of his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 October 2012 08:25)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Fck me

Did Silverstone name 'Maggots' after you Foggy?

That has to vie with Lactose Left for best line

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

?

DID SOMEONE HEAR A SHEEP GETTING RATTLED?, MAYBE BECAUSE THERE ARE NO CORNER NAMED AFTER AHEM A SUCCESSFULL MOTORCYCLE RACER FROM SHEEP LAND BARRING A FEW THAT WAS GOOD YES BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH, AND NO CHAZ DOES'NT YET COUNT!!!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

see you have ben busy all day

dole claim this morning then have fun on the posts all day then, not hard to imagine how many jerk off's you had to cal's crash yesterday. jump you sheerer.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

My guess would be Stoners.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Rename spoon curve after dolemonkey

"Loon" curve or just keep all the "bus stops" after the doley with no transport or "Foggy" after his friday night in the field with Dovi the cade lamb ,poor old benny there just isn't a corner twisted enough to match you

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

I guess there won't have been many corners/straights/toilet blocks/canteens/carparks of any circuits renamed in the last 35 years to commemorate the success of your fellow countrymen then! Hang on, I'll try to count them all...

hmmmmm...

ummmmm...

mmmm...

give me a moment...

I'll have to get back to you on that one, google is searching the archives. I think they're back there with the dead sea scrolls and other old shit from the dark ages when the 'world' championship was really just poms and a couple of wops from the mainland.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

History..

Get used to the scene, Bob.

Aussie bike racing is just about to enter a similar abyss. There's light our end.

Waters, Sissis, West.. Some world cup team you've got there?

Bought your V8 tickets for next year?

Reply to this Topic
adam15holden

Aug 11

adam15holden says:

Cant wait to see this site erupt when Stoner jumps on for one race next year and wipes the floor with everyone.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Cars (Aussie V8's series) aren't really my cup of tea these days Wosi, though I have been known to watch a round or two through the year and to call them boring is something only someone who hasn't seen them would actually say. Those that think they're ANYTHING like the yank roundy roundy stuff, is seriously misinformed. Imagine British Touring Car series with proper cars instead of hairdressers poofmobiles.

I know one thing Wosi, if the lad does have a go, you'll be one of the first to check it out on crash.net I bet! Haha...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

WOOF..

..with you all the way on the hairdresser angle and, having a penchant for 60's American muscle, wosi has seen a bit of "Aussie V8"..mainly at Bathurst.

I wouldn't call it exciting though..bit of a parade?

Perhaps that's why Casey fancies a shot?

Shame he won't be there, final year of the full blown factory bikes..

wosi thinks there could be some mileage left in the Rossi vs Stoner saga.

Bring it to four wheels..once Casey's had a bit of practice.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices