Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow loses more ground in hunt for fifth MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow loses more ground in hunt for fifth

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow loses more ground in hunt for fifth

Fifth place in the overall MotoGP world championship standings slipped further out of Cal Crutchlow’s reach yesterday after he tumbled out of a rain-soaked Sepang race in Malaysia while battling inside the top six. A fourth DNF in the last six races has seen Crutchlow fall 19-points behind Alvaro Bautista in fifth place in the rankings. The British rider was looking to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 October 2012 08:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

I

think he should dwell on the positives, a major improvement over last year, just the last few races have been a bit unlucky for him, but thats the way it goes sometimes. Very reminiscent of Stoner start to MotoGP.

He`s got self belief and thats important.
No-one expected him to be World Champ just yet.
I like Cal, he`s not perfect, but....thats why I like him.:smile

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I like him too cheeky..

..but, and it's starting to turn into a very large, snow on it's lower slopes kind of but. Cal has got to cut out the silly mistakes that's starting to blight his GP career. He's got the potential to be up there challenging, but at the moment he's his own worst enemy..His time in the top tier will be cut short if he doesn't start using his brain a little more come race day...

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

I know

where you`re coming from CHR, but they say its easier to learn how to not crash than to learn how to go fast.

Cal`s fast, not many would argue that, and he`s not the first "crasher" in MotoGP. 
He`s probably no worse than the early versions of Stoner, Pedrosa, or Lorenzo, (blimey remember his crashes)? 
I`m sure he`ll be ok for a ride for the foreseeable future.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

BCB - 'Pit' Lane

Rev, (Cal35GP1/Calfan RIP), your new 'Pit' Lady avatar, I didn't know you'd got a hard on for a 'mass murderer', she's still wanted for killing the Welsh Mining community, was that pic you took of her just before she threw her leg over her Vincent Blackshadow, and went for a burn-up through the Welsh Valleys, stampeeding the sheep for miles, Baaahaaaaa, keep taking the tablets Rev, they're bound to kick in sometime, and stay off the baaaarrrrbituates.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

jonsixone

I think you will find its the same people slagging of the same person repeatedly ,e.g. the same moron on this thread posting six times on the same topic ,He doesn't have the brains to be specific in one post say he hates #35 and piss off ,but you see thats because the man is a nutter ,but your right the Americans do have a much better view on success ,and as you can see just like America we have our share of fruit cakes,this one is the equivilant of a deep south hillbilly (not a pure bred) a mongrel so as to speak ,Cornbowl ,well said

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

you're right

over here the, pond that is, we do have a different view on success, but we yanks don't have the international competition that you guy's have.  when you look at your motorsport competitions they are way beyond our comprehension, NASCAR, Indy and AMA are second rate sports compared to MotoGp, F1, WSBK, and the like...the only pressure we have is domestic pressure.

i was based in europe for many years and it seems like the brits have this uncanny disease where they ridicule their teams and sporting individuals, i'm not sure why that is...maybe it's the expectation that they should win!?  when you read some if the worthless comments on here from certain individuals with mindless statements with no foundation, i'm really unsure about their sanity.  i've looked at the comments from the rev and the many other names he goes under, if he were under my command i would seriously get him booked into a psychiatric ward soonest.

unlucky for the riders on sunday who were really pushing hard...better to have tried your best, and give your all instead of riding round for points.

Reply to this Topic
CAL35GP1

Oct 12

CAL35GP1 says:

airbornetrooper

I am under your command.  POK POK POKKKK !

CHR and Cheekymonkey - spot on.  Lorenzo was chucking it all over the place before he got the hang of it, likewise Stoner & Simo.  Cal is a bit too eager, trying a bit too hard to prove himself or doubters.  With consideration for the fact that it is his first year, you could question Bradl's finish positions.  On the other hand you could argue that Stephan's taken a more steady approach and will let the results come as he learns the art.  Perhaps Cal would benefit from slowing down a bit.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Airbornetrooper

'over here the, pond that is, we do have a different view on success'

Fair enough - but then, with only Edwards, Spies and Hayden to pick from, you don't really have any choice - do you?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

All

world champions.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Let me finish your sentence ...

... All world champions many years ago, and without a podium between them this year.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices