Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa jubilant after breakthrough rain win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa jubilant after breakthrough rain win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa jubilant after breakthrough rain win

There would have been a time in the past when Dani Pedrosa would have crumbled in conditions as bad as those that severely disrupted yesterday’s Malaysian Grand Prix. But with rain lashing down to provide the toughest conditions imaginable, Pedrosa buried his wet weather jinx in emphatic fashion to claim a first ever Grand Prix victory in the rain. Pedrosa mastered the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 October 2012 08:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Hope Pedrosa does it - but it's a long-shot. 

Shame he got so 'tired' at Assen.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

C'mon Dani....

Keep the pressure on and force JL into a mistake!!  Not gunna be easy seeing as JL seems unflappable when he is racing but not a lot else Dani can do....

I'd love to see Pedrobot take the Championship in the last round!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

The pressure got to JL at PI last season, as it did yesterday. Slim chance but there could still be some surprises  in this Championship.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

If either of the last two races are wet, anything can happen, but if dry?

It's likely most of the pressure Lorenzo will feel could be in qualifying. He doesn't need pole but could do with the front row to get clear of any possible tangles. His starts are rarely poor so front row should see him safely into the first corner. He could lob it in qualifying trying to make sure of front row if one of the sateliite riders has 'one of those' qualifying sessions.

If he has a poor qualifying for whatever reason at PI, then a mid-pack start will make things interesting as he really needs a 3rd place finish to be comfortable going into the last race.

Assuming his start is ok, under normal circumstances, there will only be three riders out front, assuming Stoner is back to full speed, in which case Lorenzo only has to follow and come home an untroubled 3rd in each race to take the title. Its dfficult to see any other riders capable of getting within a few seconds of 3rd place based upon the rest of the season, let alone pushing him down to 4th. If Stoner still isn't up to speed then two 2nd places should come just as easily.

Is it fair to say that Lorenzo can only really put pressure on himself in the races by going for wins. If he wants to get the title with wins, then mistakes could happen. If he plays the points game and lets Pedrosa or Stoner go for the win, he can just cruise behind them and the title's his.

How much will the racer in him conflict with the safer option of points gathering. My guess is he'll get to the front if he can but won't get in too much of a scrap if challenged. Difficult to see him losing this one under normal circumstances.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Dani

I think its a forlorn hope for Dani to win , it'd be nice to see though .

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

If i was Dani....

I would just sit up JL's tail pipes and keep showing him a wheel, even if i could get past easily, i wouldnt go for it!!  I would be looking to force a mistake, get him angry with some aggressive dives up the inside... I'd be doing everything to put him off his game.... That's only coz i'm a horrible c@$t though :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices