Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo relieved with ‘lucky’ second MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo relieved with ‘lucky’ second

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo relieved with ‘lucky’ second

Jorge Lorenzo admitted he got out of jail after he almost threw away 20 precious points in a rain-lashed Sepang MotoGP race. Just moments before the scheduled 20-lap race was red flagged on lap 14 as torrential rain battered the Sepang track, Lorenzo had survived a massive fright when he lost the front of his Yamaha YZR-M1 machine at the final...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 October 2012 08:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Correction Bootlegger ...

3 Yamaha's in the dumpster,but #99 kept it all together.

There were 2 Yamaha's in the dumpster (Spies & Crutchlow) - Dovi and Lorenzo finished the race and both scored points.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

I`m

surprised at the number of Dani Pedrosa fans who seem to have emerged from the woodwork. I had no idea until the last few weeks that he was so popular. In fact, I always thought it was unfair to slag him off as much as people did on here. 

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

Moto King

U r an asshole...Just Understand this

Reply to this Topic
hobes

Mar 09

hobes says:

Should of run the last 7-8 laps monday morning but alas Dorna does what Dorna does.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Saturn...

"The race was not stopped just for Lorenzo - riders were going down like skittles."

How many riders had skittled their bikes down the road because of the worsening conditions?... none... Cal was the last one to fall & he went down 4 laps earlier... that's 9 minutes earlier in the race...

JL was waving his hand 'cos he'd gone out on the wrong, soft, wet tyre & had taken all the edges off them earlier in the race... Stoner,who made the correct choice, had only dropped 1.5 secs off his fastest lap... JL was down over 2 secs & falling (almost literally). I don't know how he got the race stopped 'cos no-one was struggling* at that point in the race any more than they had been apart from him... lucky sod.

* ... their time's had dropped as they managed their pace due to the heavier rain but they were not struggling with the conditions like JL was.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

If you're going to win a championship..

..luck has got to travel with you..

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Hang on...

Are my eyes playing tricks on me?? I think i whole heartedly agree with me old mucka Hedgy for once...

"JL was waving his hand 'cos he'd gone out on the wrong, soft, wet tyre & had taken all the edges off them earlier in the race" - Exactly what i thought when he started waving, i even shouted it at the TV in anger when he started doing it as i knew what he was up to!! Stoner was catching him and catching him quick and would have overtaken him before long, JL knew this and so did race control and when he nearly stacked it (great save btw) that was it, they red flagged it!! Probably because they couldn't be arsed with one of JL's little tantrums and dummy spitting sessions...

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

So what would you do?

It's because of the conditions 5 riders had skittled off the circuit.  irrespective whether this was 9 minutes, 9 seconds or 9 laps before the red flag.  Red direction considereed It was highly probable that more riders would have crashed in remaining 7 laps, the conditions had worsened.  Everyone had slowed down to compensate but an off was inevitable.  Jorgé had most to lose (Dani arguably)..  In fact, he'd happily have snatched 3rd if it had been offered behind Stoner and he knew he could complete the race.  Although I'd be interested to see what Stoner would've done had he got close to Jorgé knowing the pass would have to be 100% safe so as not to risk further injury to his ankle and take out gorgeous.  So Jorgé had every right to waggle his little pinky.  When you're a World Champion closing in on your 2nd title - let me know what you would've done in those conditions.

Rainmaker is correct, you need a little luck (which is why Dani hasn't wont the title when he deserves it more than most).  p.s. Rainmaker, thought of you when I watched Looper!  MEGA film.... 

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Nah, Jorge just wanted to save putting race mileage on his last engine.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Shawno...

"When you're a World Champion closing in on your 2nd title - let me know what you would've done in those conditions."

I'm not sure anyone's saying JL did wrong... what rider wouldn't chance their arm if they'd gone out on what proved to be the wrong choice of tyres. The weather had got worse... 1.5 seconds worse than Stoner's fastest (the only one of the top 3 really pushing on)... but Stoner was less than 1 sec a lap slower than when Cal came off... that's nothing on a 2:15 lap. Only one rider almost crashed on that last lap & he was the one waving before he had his moment. He knew he was struggling & Stoner wasn't... he was pushing too hard for his tyres. Another rider might have slowed realising his mistake... JL waved his arms... well done... lucky sod.

The condidtions had got as bad as they were going to get... 16 mins later, when they would have been taking the flag, the rain had all but stopped & they were out on the podium.

Moaner... common sense can't be denied (I too was shouting at the TV... not sure that actually makes sense tho')... it makes a change but I'm sure you'll revert to normal service soon.

:laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices