Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo relieved with ‘lucky’ second MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo relieved with ‘lucky’ second

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo relieved with ‘lucky’ second

Jorge Lorenzo admitted he got out of jail after he almost threw away 20 precious points in a rain-lashed Sepang MotoGP race. Just moments before the scheduled 20-lap race was red flagged on lap 14 as torrential rain battered the Sepang track, Lorenzo had survived a massive fright when he lost the front of his Yamaha YZR-M1 machine at the final...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 October 2012 08:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

No.6 ...

... holds the key to Jorge's championship - if it holds together.

So far, Engine No.6 has only done a low-speed, shortened race and so it should be good for the next two races. In addition, he's got two high mileage hacks (Engines 4 & 5) in the truck - which are used for practice and qualifying sessions. 

On paper, it all looks OK - but as Dovi and Spies will testify, these Yamaha's can and do go bang at anytime.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

OK, just to clarify....

Hedgers, you speak a lot of sense for most on here and I respect how you construct your views....  So I'm clear are you saying you believe Jorge wanted the race cancelled because he didn't want to take be passed by Casey Stoner or he didn't want to take 3rd in the race and lose further points?  (not knowing all other yamaha riders were down).  Or he didn't think he had the skill to finish the race in a respectable title contender position.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Psssst ...

... not all of the other Yamahas were down Shawn - it was only the usual suspects ie Cal & Ben.

Dovi remounted to finish in the points - brave.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Correction.

Ah yes I realised my mistake after I submitted Black country bullock. 

Wait a minute!  Starting a paragraph with several full stops, no caps.  A controversial avatar.  Pro-Dovi...

Can only be ONE MCN Thread contributing genetleman that I know of ;-)

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Shawn, I've got a CIA job going spare down So-Cal way - it's yours if you're interested. We need more like you.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Shawno...

Cheers... I pretty much know JL knew he was being caught by Stoner... I know JL knew he'd been dropped by Dani... I suspect he knew he'd chosen different tyres to the 2 of them... we saw that he tried to maintain a pace to stay ahead of Stoner & after several laps of being reeled in he raised his hand... I know that he didn't slow (sufficiently) to compensate for his lack of grip & as a result almost crashed. I suspect JL had the skill to finish the race but his tyre choice meant he needed to ride slower than the Repsol guys. I know that Stoner & Pedrosa had slowed to where they were comfortable (because they didn't have moments like JL did)... I don't know whether the next lap they would have crashed but the conditions improved so I suspect they would have stayed on & finished the race.

In any other situation where only one rider is struggling with their choice of tyres you'd say they were pushing too hard if they crashed or expect them to drift back into the pack. In the rain they're allowed to wave their hands as an indication to race direction... to my knowledge only the guy with the wrong tyres did. I doubt, knowing that Stoner & Dani were performing far better than him, that he raised his hand because he thought it was too dangerous for them to race.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Dear Rev, you'll always be Rev to me..

.."Dovi remounted to finish in the points - brave." I think the word you're looking for is "lucky"..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Shawno.

..I agree with you about Looper, very good movie.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

BCB's Pal

Rev, is that the avatar of your new pal, the terrorist, the one you spent the day with running the sheep in the Welsh valley's for some 'rumpy pumpy', hope you'd got them all facing Mecca, before you'd got your end's away. Nobody's going to take you for real until you stop acting like a prize ram,  Baaaaaa. 

Reply to this Topic
CAL35GP1

Oct 12

CAL35GP1 says:

Whenever I have seen the raised hands followed by a stopped race in GP's it has been a group of riders raising hands indicating a shared opinion that the conditions are too dangerous to continue.  It has also often included the lead rider who in a way has the prerogative given that he is the guy managing to go fastest in the current conditions.

It was a soft call by race direction and a real shame.  Sure a couple of riders has just lobbed it up the road but they were both habitual gravel lovers (35 & 14).

Great insightful obervations regarding the racing and subject matter, as usual, Corn-fed Chicken shit - POK POK POKKKK !

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices