Skip to content

APRILIA Aprilia Tuono and Mille owners: Tell us your experiences RSV1000

You are in... Forums > APRILIA > RSV1000 > Aprilia Tuono and Mille owners: Tell us your experiences

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Aprilia Tuono and Mille owners: Tell us your experiences

We’re putting a feature together on these used Aprilias: • RSV Mille ’98-‘03 • RSV 1000R ’04-‘09• Tuono ’02-‘05• Tuono R ’06-‘09 We’d love to hear from you if you’ve owned any of these bikes. We’d like to know what you like and don’t like about them and what they’ve been like to live with. They can be the bikes described, or the special versions, like...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 October 2012 10:13)

Post a message in RSV1000

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Headshots

Now then, people.

Thanks for emailing in your experiences with your Aprilias, but I need head and shoulders pictures as well, as explained in the story above...and details of where you live and how old you are.

Thanks

Neevesy

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Mr Neeves....

I bought my 2006 RSV1000r Mille about 18 months ago as a low mille'age mint "keeper", for £4000. It's Beautiful and so well built , Dripping with exotic parts and Totally reliable. As a day to day ride I would not and will not take this before my Busa but on the odd special occasion this bike is a rare treat. A pure experience and a pleasure to look at, polish and show off. To ride it, is a mixed bag to be honest. it's more "bare Knuckle fighter" than "ball room dancer" and any hint of weakness will catch you out. Grab it by the "scruff" and you will be rewarded by a glorious onslaught of power, noise and feel, If I were Honest.... I would admit that I am not a worthy pilot but that probably confirms my view that the "Busa" is a better Road Bike. Regards Sarah Nevis. XXXXXXXX

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Snev

Erm...email to me with pic etc, please! Neevesy

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

2001 model

iv owned my mille now for over a year, love it to pieces and done 2 track days this year on it, also one with bennets and the british gp entry that is cal crutchlow, never let me down and always a good handfull, full monster paintjob done and ohlins all round,pipe and chip and carbon airbox goes like stink and with the right rider keeps up with any modern superbike, although i do fancy an rsv4 next season i still would keep the mille.

Reply to this Topic
martyn23

Mar 09

martyn23 says:

I own a 1000R Factory 2005 model from new and have to say its one of the best handling bikes iv ridden and will never sell it as it still looks good by todays design standards for the money.Only thing that constantly happends is rear brake tends to need bleeding often otherwize cant fault it.

Reply to this Topic
kingsprocket

Aug 02

kingsprocket says:

Tuono 1000R 2010

The Tuono is my first V twin, took a test ride, wasn't sure at first as it felt a little rough after my Speed Triple 955i. But the handling, mid range & top end felt amazing, brakes (BREMBO's) were all amazing. Easy to commute on, easy to potter round on, tour (500+ in a day without to many aches and pains!), it can rock with other topgun bikes out there, and carry a pillion, great SACHs suspension, multi adjutable. I'm 5'4" so geat for short arses. Bought one, never regretted it! Clocks can steam up, dog bone bearings in swing arm underside casting can seize before 8000 miles, get em well greased! £ 80 to replace them! Takes tyres upto 190 on the back, sticky tyres only! Pair of akro's no need for a power commander the T has two maps as standard, get your Aprilia dealer to MAP 2 if you put breathing cans on, what a difference! Such a laugh and the noise! Oh yeh baby! Get a test ride and enjoy!

Reply to this Topic
sam23600

Mar 04

sam23600 says:

Mille 98

Fabulous bike when going for it but like most sports bikes a pain in the A** , wrist, neck etc etc when in town. It took me on one off my most memorable rides when over in Ireland for the NW200. Strabane down to Donegal on one of the best roads EU money can buy! ***+ mph for mile after mile, no cops, no traffic. kin perfick :-)

Reply to this Topic
firkit

Apr 05

firkit says:

Factory

04 factory here

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

Great Bikes

I've owned an 03' Tuono and 2 RSVR Factory's...fantastic bikes with a few niggles. Ohlins forks love seals and regular battery changes are needed but they give much more fun than problems..now moved onto the new Tuono and the fun just keeps on coming. Anyone wanting a real bike that makes you happy just to own it should try any of the RSV range.

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

THANK YOU!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to write about their RSVs and Tuonos, I’ve had loads of responses.

I’ll be sifting through the replies emailed to me with headshots attached and picking the best ones for the feature.

Thanks again, people.

Michael Neeves, MCN Senior Road Tester

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices