Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Does cold weather affect your concentration? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Does cold weather affect your concentration?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Does cold weather affect your concentration?

"How much does cold weather riding affect your concentration? When I go out in the freezing cold on my long commutes all I seem to think about is getting home quickly and I feel like my concentration starts to slide. I wrap us as warm as my budget allows but after an hour the cold just seeps in anyway. I'd...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 October 2012 17:24)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Spend as much as you can afford

You should already have some riding kit so spend as much as you can on good quality base layers that wick away moisture and keep heat in. A good balaclaver that has a thermal inner layer and waterproof outer works wonders. I've just installed heated grips and they work wonders.

Reply to this Topic
mrp192

Mar 08

mrp192 says:

cold weather

As everyone seems to agree, pre-planning for the cold is the way to go. However if caught out when the temp dips unexpectedly the chap who mentioned a newspaper inside your jacket and trousers, plastic bags inside boots etc is spot on, these sort of things have helped me several times.

The last few years I've only used my bike on the not so bad days of winter but shortly a house move will see me riding everyday regardless of the weather. I'm thinking heated grips or heated gloves as due to circulation problems I need to keep my hands as warm as possible. Which is the best to go for?

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

mrp

Grips With muffs & either sheepskin gloves or unlined leather mitts with thin damart type gloves.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices