Skip to content

Discuss This Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter?

With the clocks changing next weekend and the winter weather closing in, a lot of bikes are already packed away until it's safe to venture out without getting soaked through. However, there's some brave souls whose bikes don't see the inside of a a garage for the colder months. So, when is your bike going away for the winter, or will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 October 2012 17:26)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

don't own a car thank fcuk.

Reply to this Topic
masterofpuppets

May 12

winter

i will be riding 365 days a year a soon as i get a proper shelter. i keep it outside under a all seasons cover the cold doesn't bother and nor does the rain bother me it's the fact is i can't dry it or clean it under shelter properly as the water and salts can get inside the bike and when it's raining i do not dare put a wet bike under my cover :(

Reply to this Topic
Slart

Oct 12

Slart says:

Winter

I used to ride all year round but now I live in Austria and Winter here is basically skis or skidoo's... Bikes go away end of October and released in March depending on the snow and ice... riding in -22C and enough Ice down to spin up the rear in 6th at 2000rpm is not funny... I hate to see them both go in but its safer for everyone all round and it also means that over winter my mechanic goes to work on them fettling them to my liking for the next season...

Reply to this Topic
markinnormy

Jan 09

markinnormy says:

No competition

After sitting in the car this morning for an hour and five minutes, to cover thirteen miles to work (and this is in the North, not London village) I will be back on my bike tomorrow. It's why heated grips and ACF 50 were invented.

Reply to this Topic
craig1000

Sep 12

craig1000 says:

Don't use my bike to commute, but if it's a cold winters day, as long as the sun is shining, i'll still go for a blast.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

crap

I used to be a 365 biker for 17 years then i got a car as well,But now im with craig1000 i will go for a blast on a dry day but im not into snow and ice dont mind light rain as it is usually milder,people who say they love riding in minus 10 and snow make me laugh,winter is shit.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

markinnormy

I tried Spraying ACF 50 on my heated Grips and Tyres but found no grip at all.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Aye

I have two tins of ACF50 ready to go on. just need to go and jet wash off some of the crap and clean my chain and get some better lube. I've got grinding paste and it's not even winter.

I don't have a car but I do have a local bus stop but generally the buses will stop running if I judge it too unsafe for the bike... usually before the bus comes it's safe enough to ride.

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

5 and rising

Means the bike, took it to work Xmas eve last year, next week looks cold and I've seen the damage a 10 mph spill can do

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

A can of acf-50

And a can of brake cleaner. Ride on. Fair weather riding is a quick route to hospital. First nice day in ages yesterday, loads of bikes out on the A39 including one fella going home in an ambulance, r6 smashed, no sign of any other vehicle involved...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices