Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should the UK government introduce compulsory breathalysers? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Should the UK government introduce compulsory breathalysers?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should the UK government introduce compulsory breathalysers?

Law changes in France will soon introduce on-the-spot fines of €11 (£8.90) for motorists found to not be carrying single-use breathalysers. Riders and drivers will be expected to use the tests to make sure that they're under the legal limit. The move has brought outrage in France and derision in the UK, but withadvocates both sides of the Channel hailing it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 October 2012 17:26)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

so if you are drunk then you wont use one any way. just more money you need.

Reply to this Topic
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

poll

I don't think the Gov need encouraging to introduce more unnecessary laws.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

the wrong end!

In my opinion this is tackling the problem from the wrong end. A)Reduce the alcohol / limit by half to 40mg mg of alcohol per 100 ml of blood. B)Increase the fines associated by 100% C)With the increased revenue from related fines/ alcohol taxes supply single shot breathalysers free of charge in pubs, restaurants & off licences etc. Alcohol and responsible bike riding simply do not mix, don't get me wrong I enjoy both........... but NOT together.

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

MCN...........

......You have missed this one, France has suspended its intorduction until next year, probably won't come in at all.

Does the UK need a similar law..............NO, who in their right mind drinks and rides? further more we don't want to copy the French as it is a waste of time and money anyway.

What next..........if your over the limit send your self a fine and a ban? Hmm no need for Police then!

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

More French (EU) nanny state draconian crap

Yet more French (with the EU in the background pulling the strings of course) nanny state bullshit, to control the masses and generate revenue to hand to the (w)bankers, This is a 'Dry Run' with a view to introducing it in each country, Opps i mean 'Member States,' i forgot, countries are being phased out to be replaced by 'Regions of Europe'    The next 'Bright Idea' will probably be all road users will have to supply their own person with a red flag next to walk in front of each vehicle,

Abolish the EU ASAP

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

This is just my opinion......

If that's OK ????????????????? But, I think that the Police have No chance whatsoever of enforcing any more laws introduced by "utterly" out of touch with reality Politicians. Seriously, Think Mobile Phones, Smoking, Seat belts, Un-insured drivers, Drug Pushers/Takers, Re-offenders, Racist's, Middle lane hogging Halfwits... the list is endless ... in my opinion (if that's OK to express on this Site of course???????????)

Reply to this Topic
muddybus

Aug 10

muddybus says:

Idiots

It will happen if bikers continue to think that it's ok to have a pint or two whilst out on a ride. If you can't wait until you're not riding or driving to have a drink, you have a drink problem.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

bugger

Got to be honest i agree with snev.jesus.And yes you have every right to say your piece wether i or anybody else agree or not.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

?????

People aren't advocating drink driving! This is yet another potential driving fine for not carrying a piece of equipment which will serve no purpose at all. If you've drank then don't drive. If you drank the night before and need to test yourself you'll do it at home before you even get in the car. Fining people for not carrying a breathalyser is simply mindless bureacracy dreamt up by out of touch opinionate politicians hell bent on getting their name on any piece of useless legislation they can dream up.

Reply to this Topic
muddybus

Aug 10

muddybus says:

Seriously

We dont take our responsibility as motorists seriously enough, and whilst the personal breathaliser is a way off in the UK, it will happen eventually. Its another way of raising revenue, albeit a small amount each time. They will cost more in the UK (everything does), so if on a £5 breathaliser kit, theres 90p tax, it'll instantly generate around £35,000,000. We need more european driving laws over here, but without the enforcement and education, it's just pointless.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices