Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should the UK government introduce compulsory breathalysers? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Should the UK government introduce compulsory breathalysers?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should the UK government introduce compulsory breathalysers?

Law changes in France will soon introduce on-the-spot fines of €11 (£8.90) for motorists found to not be carrying single-use breathalysers. Riders and drivers will be expected to use the tests to make sure that they're under the legal limit. The move has brought outrage in France and derision in the UK, but withadvocates both sides of the Channel hailing it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 October 2012 17:26)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Two?

Will the law require two single-use breathalyzers? Will they have to be certified? What about re-usable one’s that can be calibrated? Or are the makers of single-use paying off the criminals, er politicians, behind closed doors?

Reply to this Topic
Jarrefan

Nov 09

Jarrefan says:

"The Worlds gone mad, MAD i tell you.........Haaa,ha,ha,haaaaaaa,Heeeeeee,Heeee,Hooooooo,Hoooo

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Am I mad?

I would love to see proper plod on the roads to catch the F****tards that drink and drive.

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

I don't drink

but still think this is a bad idea, I have two bikes and a car, i would need 1 or two for each, or cary a bag round with me? 

Reply to this Topic
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

Is it only me?

OK you carry one single use Breathalyser in France on your bike.

You've had a drink the night before, or a very small drink whilst with friends a few hours ago.

You get on the bike, and wonder if you're near the limit, or even if you still have any alcohol in your blood.

So you need to use the breathalyser that you've bought because of the law.

If you use it, you now have a problem getting home, because you don't have a breathalyser on the bike anymore

Solution, don't use the breathalyser that the law made you buy for reasons of safety.

Result, another useless law that unfortunately doesn't achieve anything at all!!!!

Reply to this Topic
mrp192

Mar 08

mrp192 says:

Single use breathalysers

Has anyone checked to see which politicians are on the board of the companies making these devicies?

A better response would be to give our Police officers the power to stop a vehicle and require a specimen of breath just because a person is driving  on the road.

For the few minutes that would take out of the busy lives of the majority that don't drink and drive it would act as a deterrent to those that don't give a toss and roll out of the pub into their cars or onto a bike!

Reply to this Topic
mrp192

Mar 08

mrp192 says:

Singe use breathalysers II

Also isn't it in France where they have the tiny 'Sans Permit' cars that you can drive without a licence and therefore can't be done for drink driving in one? I remember a friend telling me this when we were at an agricultural fair over there where these little 2 seater boxes were for sale, I think he said they had 500cc agri engines but still did about 50mph! Any ex=pats in France know if this is true?

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

breatherliser no no no

No way thats why we pay our tax's so plod can get off their areses and nick the morons who drink and drive.

Reply to this Topic
muddybus

Aug 10

muddybus says:

discopoo must be

the only one here without a man-bag...

www.totalbiker.co.uk

Reply to this Topic
prdh

Jun 11

prdh says:

Pointless

This is an absolutely pointless law for two reasons:

First if you have one and use it you then cant drive even if you are under the limit (as many people have pointed out).

Secondly the only people who would use it are the responsible ones who wont drink and drive anyway so they wont need it. The people who do drink and drive wont use them because they already know they’re over the limit but think 'I am still safe to drive'.

Pointless

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices