Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies to miss last two races? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies to miss last two races?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies to miss last two races?

A crash during last weekend’s storm-lashed Sepang race in Malaysia is likely to have been the last act for Ben Spies as a factory Yamaha rider, with the Texan now expected to miss the final two races of the season. He is definitely out of this weekend’s Australian round at Phillip Island after further medical checks in Kuala Lumpur revealed the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 October 2012 09:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

YamGYTR

Please, please, please, do us all a favour, and go back to school and get an education. It really can be painful wading through some of your illiterate drivel. Just a thought...

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

its like taking candy off a baby

hahahaha

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

The corporate line..

..from Yamaha is there is apparently no time to find a replacement rider. Smacks of a cover up to me..

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

GYTR

Bens failed big time on one of the best rides out there, Dont expect a miracle next year on  the Ducati either.

He should keep his head down and his mouth shut for awhile ,and then maybe just maybe he might start to get the results his ability should be producing. But he will never be a world Champ at this level. 

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

IT MUST BE PAINFUL FOR ME READING THE SHOITE YOU WRITE TOO feckin rascal.

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

WSBk

Should have stuck to what he was good at!

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Spies

Worst factory rider ever?

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

It would certainly make more sense for Yamaha to get somebody half-competitive on the bike, even if only to try and take some points off Dani ad nd possibly help Jorge to the title, the problem is who do you put on the bike who is capable?

Nobody springs to my mind who is outside the MotoGP paddock.  Not that Spies left big boots to be filled, just that I dont think there is anyone on the planet that could jump on that bike and stick it to DP/CS without having to learn the bike and tyres.

They should give the bike to Dovi or Cal as a thank you for services rendered (probably Cal as he will remain with Yamaha next year, Cal might get a top 5 result in the championship if he had a factory machine for the last two rounds), although I would say Dovi is more deserving based on results from 2012.

In fact, that's it.  Promote Cal to factory rider for the rest of the season so he can go for a top 5 in the championship, then get Herve to promote Bradley Smith to Tech 3 for the last 2 races, just to give him a feel for the bike prior to the Valencia test, he has nothing to lose by doing both classes, or not doing Moto2....

.....if only there were some engines left!

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

GYTR ...

... I suppose that this is the last time we'll hearing from you - now that Spies has packed it in?

Shame that he broke all of his engines? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

YamGYTR

You may have a point..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale