Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies to miss last two races? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies to miss last two races?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies to miss last two races?

A crash during last weekend’s storm-lashed Sepang race in Malaysia is likely to have been the last act for Ben Spies as a factory Yamaha rider, with the Texan now expected to miss the final two races of the season. He is definitely out of this weekend’s Australian round at Phillip Island after further medical checks in Kuala Lumpur revealed the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 October 2012 09:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

benny hmm rev

Any truth in the rumour you once had a job

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Badly managed and not to mention he has a shoite crew the downside if he takes that same crew to Pramac next year then I fear for his season much like what this season has been.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

shoite rider having a shoite season on a brilliant factory bike (as demonstrated by a certain J. Lorenzo).  at least he has no expectations for 2013, which is probably a good thing going for him.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hardly

a Shite rider is he

He's had a seriously bad season for whatever reasons, no doubt, but to describe him like that - stupid.

He's a decent bloke, not the most animated of people but never shouted the odds, never been disrespectful to other riders or come out with any big-headed bull about his abilities when he arrived in Motogp and how was so much better than everyone else. So why so much dislike?

Can't understand why so many seem to take pleasure in seeing someone have a bad time and fail. If they're a complete twat yes, in his case no.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Bulto ...

... I completely agree but the question must be asked:

Is Spies (88pts) the worst-ever MotoGP factory Yamaha rider - or is it Melandri (45pts)?  

I'd say Spies.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

pit crew? or race craft

Spies qualifying hasnt been that bad, which suggested to me his bike wasnt that poorly set up. Its his ability to throw the good work done come race time thats been lacking this year.

Too much pressure to compete with the very best has got to him IMHO and his confidence is shattered. The failures the bike has suffered at time can all be pointed to as being the result of crash damage that you just cant see, so its hard to blame his pit crew.

The top three or four riders out there are just so much better than the rest, it may have ruined Spies finding out he just doesnt have that last couple of percent. Should be a solid top a six rider though.

Worst performance  by a factory ride whilst on a DECENT bike, most definately.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Pit crew answer this how can a swingarm snap and how can a engine blow up or even that fuel clamp incident a year ago.

Reply to this Topic
CAL35GP1

Oct 12

CAL35GP1 says:

...to miss last two races.

I like Spies but this is a good decision - why waste the petrol ?

Plus he need some time to start learning Italian phrases like"...no confidence in the front-end"   "...horrendous understeer"  "...I need a smoother power delivery"   "...where is Doctor Costa ! "

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Worse than Melandri's season on the Ducati? You'd have to say yes BCB, given the calibre of the bike Spies had. Worst ever I don't know, memory or knowledge not that good

I agree with CCB about the pit crew. It's impossible to say as a spectator whether there were issues there or not. Unless you were inside the garage it's conjecture. He has shown front row speed many times and that alone shows the bike was working. The breakages were bad luck on his part, maybe, maybe not down to the stresses of crashes.

But away from the bad luck he has also made a mess of a race by himself and although blindingly fast at times, he's never strung it together for a race distance and that was the most suprising thing of all and the most disappointing.

Why it started to go wrong and then just kept going wrong who knows, but he's had a torrid season and his confidence must have taken knocks. Why that is cause for so much apparent hate though beats me.

Like to see him do well next year and it will be just one of the interesting aspects of 2013. Another one is whether a Ducati is the bike to rebuild confidence and self-belief .....

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

oh well

It will save a few panels for yamaha.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle