You are in... Forums > General > General > CBR125 Height

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

billmacneill96

Oct 12

CBR125 Height

Hi guys,

I am almost 17 and i am wanting to buy a CBR125 or another 125. I have started to save with my money from work and it will be a few months until i get a bike. It is almost unfortunate for me that when i am 17, it is 19 days after the law changes for the motorcycle license age change :mad:.I am now going to be restricted to a 125. the big problem is, is that i am 6ft 5" and these bikes are too small. I was wondering if there was a special bike kit that could raise the height of the bike and if it would be expensive. Help would be much appreciated

thanks
Bill

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2012 22:30)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Height

Welcome Bill, 6* 5**:shock: you`ll look like a pea on a drum with a cbr125,

Why not the xl 125v varadero until a cbr 1100xx 

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

CBR125

Try the CBR first - you never know, you might be comfortable on it.  If you struggle with road bikes beacause of your height look at trials bikes as these are taller as standard.   

Reply to this Topic
billmacneill96

Oct 12

XL maybe?

1. The XL does look like a bigger bike but the seat height is only slightly bigger, maybe there isa special kit to try it out. I would like to be able to ride a cbr 125 but my height restricts that.
  2. the XL i also alot more expensive

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Kevin tsb`s Cbr125

Wanna know how good they are ? Kevin tsb ( track suit bottoms ?! ) gotta cbr125(had enough of big bikes ) not only has he toured all over the Uk on it ( hes 56 mind ) this summer he rode to the Alps yes thats right the bloody Alps , AND he had his push bike stripped down and bolted to the back seat so he could do the 3 peaks over the mountain sections. Says enough dont it ?

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

isn't

yamaha's 125 sports bigger?

Reply to this Topic
billmacneill96

Oct 12

CBR125

wow, that is impressive. i have done alot of research into cbr's an i have seen one in person. there is no doubt it is a reliable bike and will get me through. They are quite small and i saw someone on it this afternoon and he was about 6ft 1" and he looked pretty big on it aswell. I guess i will need to maybe see if i can raise the seat height a little more so it isnt as crampted. Oh and thanks for the help guys.

Reply to this Topic
billmacneill96

Oct 12

yamaha

The yamaha is pricey and i doubt my parents will let me on it. the cbr has a good reputation for beginner bikers. i am one of those unlucky people who their peeers are strongly against motorbikes, mainly my family haha. the yamaha is only slighlt bigger but has a better frame layout for bigger people. which is pretty good.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Don't

get me started on family and peers being against bikes.

My mum finally admitted that she was wrong about them about three years after me getting one. I'd had a couple of accidents where people had pulled out in front of you but she finally accepted that if you're sensible and keep your eyes open you're far less likely to get killed.

Now to get a supersports and thrash it into a tree :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
billmacneill96

Oct 12

CBR

Good on you mate on managing to persuade you mum. that last comment made me laugh haha, there would be no way i could get a motorbike if i said that to my mum haha. You see, my dads old best mate is a motor bike instructor and he was put into a coma a couple of years back from some prat in a car that was not looking at a junction. this is one of the major reasons as to why i am not allowed. at the end of the day, i cycle an that is almost as dangerous. there is less gear when cycling.

Reply to this Topic
AlbertHerring

Nov 09

Varadero

My eldest is in the same boat - 17 next April and 6'2 and still going up at an almost visible rate. I suspect that with the new rules there will be a lot of demand for the higher end 125s for people to use after their tests, and the Varadero does seem to have the market to itself for tall riders (and it does look like a 600...), so I suspect that their secondhand prices will take a bit of a hike as well. Should be a good time for another manufacturer (the Chinese, like as not) to come in with a physically large 125 at a more reasonable price, I'd have thought.
(If he doesn't pull his finger out and earn at least some of it my lad will end up riding a 20 year old CG at best, mind.)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices