Skip to content

Discuss This New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes

Suzuki have released details of their new-for-2013 Hayabusa. The big capacity sports bike will get only it's second update in it's fourteen year history, and becoming a member of the GSX-R family. The main changes to the newly-named GSX-1300R will be the addition of more stopping power, in the form of Brembo monobloc calipers and ABS, bringing it in line with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 October 2012 13:39)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Nice to see a few mod's and the black and grey colour scheme appeals to me, It's a shame it hasn't been re-worked or re-styled but it still has a lot to offer and with a few extra bits bolted on, pipes filter PC5 .... is still a rocketship IMHO. Long term Ownership is pretty painless and it's surprisingly economical to run.... Oh yes it sure is Ugly but Go Test one and see why it is a legend.

Reply to this Topic
Hyabusa1340

Apr 11

Hyabusa1340 says:

Busa.

Great Bike. However - is this really enough of a difference?

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

so better brakes, what about more power...

Styling wise, may not be to everyones taste but I love it.

Reply to this Topic
fevs

Jul 11

fevs says:

I DON'T THINK...

we're getting the whole story from mcn.. Traditionally the Busa & ZX have always fought for the braggin' rights for power... even if it's not completely (read: legally) useable on most of the surface of the planet!

I expect to hear something other than 'brakes' from more sources to come.

Fevs

Reply to this Topic
DOCTIRED

Oct 06

DOCTIRED says:

Busa

It's a beast. I would Love to see it made a lot lighter......

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

is it a legend?

The Busa was a legend 10 years ago.  It looks so outdated now.  Totally bloaded, heavy and old looking.  All that freaking plastic, is a nod to 1999.  For long the ZX14, or ZZR1400 outside of the US, has it beat.  The best buy for almost the same price in the hypersport category is actually the K1300S. 

Out of the 3 bikes in the hypersport category, the K1300S is much lighter, leaner, corners way better and is nearly as fast as the other two.  

If the K1300S is not your taste, then the ZX14, and way at end of the line is the Busa.  Busa really looks dated and it seems like Suzuki doesn't know what to do with it. 

I said this before on MCN, out of the 4 Japanese brands Kawasaki seems to be the hardest working.  Suzuki is falling by the wayside.  The Hayabusa is a legend that was. 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

shiva .... you ask....

"Is it a legend"? You  then say..."it was a legend 10 years ago" ...Think you answered your own Question TBH. Once a Legend Always a Legend...... And yes I've Ridden all Three Bikes and agree with most of your comments.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

it's all about R&D

let's see, once a legend, always a legend? I guess if something is a legend, then it is a legend.  I can see the argument.  But this legend of the former years is not the legend of these days.

I don't think Suzuki wants to invest the massive amount of money that is required to modernize this bike.  They rather just keep it going as is, it's safer and obviously immensely cheaper.  And that seems to be their general corporate direction these days toward their moto brand.  They are also more focused on making cars now.  But their whole line up is very dated.  The Gixxer line in particular looks very much unchanged since about 2007 or so.  They also got a bad beating after the 2008 market meltdown.  The Japanese brand with all the exiting bikes is the Kawa.  They are not holding back. 

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

New?

"The big capacity sports bike will get only it's second update in it's fourteen year history" 

So its not new then?!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

It's good to see that you agree the Busa is indeed a legend after all. And yes I agree that Suzuki are lagging behind in the R&D department at the moment. But.... Hay Ho, If BMW can spend 80 years developing the opposed twin air cooled engine and still keep going then there is still hope for Suzuki. IMHO.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices