Skip to content

Discuss This New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes

Suzuki have released details of their new-for-2013 Hayabusa. The big capacity sports bike will get only it's second update in it's fourteen year history, and becoming a member of the GSX-R family. The main changes to the newly-named GSX-1300R will be the addition of more stopping power, in the form of Brembo monobloc calipers and ABS, bringing it in line with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 October 2012 13:39)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
greenturbobob

Nov 05

It might not be new but...

It is definitely a legend!! I had a the last of the unrestricted models and it was much fun....in Germany!!

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

legend

Not a new bike but definately a great one,stunning engine.When was the last all new suzuki ?

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

When are they going to upgrade this aging turd looking bike? The new BMW is faster than this... shameful.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

I wouldn't be...........

...................seen dead on one of the ugly mothers.

God only knows what "busa" lovers see in this bloated pig.

Reply to this Topic
RetroCraig

Jan 12

RetroCraig says:

Why the hype?

Not much has changed there, its just received some technology that's been around for oh I dunno, 20 years on bikes? Stonking motor, still fat and ugly. How about traction control and a face-lift? On this topic, I still don't understand why bikes are top-end restricted, you're no more of a danger to the road at 320km/h than 299km/h. Hyper bikes aren't that hyper anymore, the 1000cc bikes are faster. Kinda sad really. I'll remain faithful to my ZX14, but only because I'm tall and need more room. They just don't have the presence and respect they once had.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Here in Holland there is a subculture with people from the Antilles street drag racing these's Bussa's. Sometimes you see one strugling on a roundabout with their extra long swingarm. I wouldn't ride one, but if your'e all about being the fastest in a straight line? Why not. Suzuki engines can take so much punishment. Ghostrider, of course hè might be crazy. But his GSXR hits the rev limiter for about 12 minutes and it keeps running. Lookin forward to you-tube video's with turbo from this beast.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Always amusing reading the small words from, the "also rans", the "never will have's" and other lesser bike owners.

I remember when I got my first Abusa in early 2000, when very few were on the road. That was when other bikers suddenly stopped nodding or waving at me..... ahhh the smugness of feeling their petty little jealousy.

Busa is and always be King even when its long gone. No other bike will ever do that.

Suzuki have been making ultra fast bikes since the late 1970s GSXR750. Taken BMW this long to catch up, yeah thats a statement.

Only two brands of bike in our garage, Suzuki first, Kawasaki second. Had my share of fast Kawasakis but come down Santa Pod with me sometime and see which bike model totally dominates the racing? I'll be more than happy to show you.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

piroflip....

it's a "Crackling " ride, I won't "boar" you, I could "Belly" Believe the Power when you "Rind" on the Throttle.... Buying one was a "rasher" decision Buying another has let people "Pork" fun at me..... I've been "roasted" but I just tell them to "Hock" off. Must go Supper "Bacons", "Piglet" Have you anything to add?

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

But does Yoshi have a full system with a power comander ECU for it? Heard 1 at the local bike shop running stationery with a Yoshi full system, and i was scared jus't standing next to it:-) .

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

If it ain't broke.....

......as the saying goes. Nothing much wrong with the Hayabusa that needed fixing. It was the feel of the old brakes that was odd. They certainly stopped well enough, I sprinted my old 'Busa and used it in LSR events, never had a problem stopping but they weren't one-finger brakes. I ride a ZZR now but still admire the old Suzuki which has a massive following. A great bike. Just wait for all the complaints when Suzuki eventually scrap it in favour of something new.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices