Skip to content

Discuss This New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes

Suzuki have released details of their new-for-2013 Hayabusa. The big capacity sports bike will get only it's second update in it's fourteen year history, and becoming a member of the GSX-R family. The main changes to the newly-named GSX-1300R will be the addition of more stopping power, in the form of Brembo monobloc calipers and ABS, bringing it in line with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 October 2012 13:39)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
blockpower

Oct 11

blockpower says:

Busa still a face a mother could only love

Fantastic bike still as ugly as ever. My opinion and I'm sticking with it. Sad thing was I looked at this and the new zzr1400, went with the kwaka as I could not get that wow look at that feeling when I open the door to the ugly step sister.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Last time I saw something that ugly, it was walking out of the door with its bags packed and all the furniture loaded into a van.......

Reply to this Topic
neiljharding

Mar 09

neiljharding says:

HAYABUSA ABS

Now the Hayabusa has ABS cancelling my new ZZR 1400 order. To buy the new Busa,having owned 2 ZZR's

2 K1300s 2 Busa's old one and the K8.these are the best of the hyperbikes the only reason I sold my

2 Busa's was the crap brakes. So before you slag the Busa go and have a ride of one been waiting for this

update for 4 years well done Suzuki.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

A nod to a different era

These pictures and that light paint job do not make that butt look small.  A bike with this much plastic, should be offered only in dark colors.  As you know black make you look slimmer. 

It looks like a nod to a different era of motorcycling.  Now with S1000RR's in stock trim doing over 200mph, you'd wonder why do you need all that acres of body panels.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

New bike

I just fitted a tank rack to my 1968 bonneville so there you are its a 2013 model now ! genius.

Reply to this Topic
W1zz

Oct 12

W1zz says:

Doesn't this strike people as a lukewarm update after so many years?  The video talks about "the pinnacle of high performance motorcycles"... but didn't Kawasaki just claim that spot?  ABS/Brembo is useful, but it really needs a major update to be compelling in my view.  I guess Suzuki are not willing to make the investment that would require.  It's the same with the GSXR1000 sadly.  I hope they can re-discover their mojo.

Reply to this Topic
neiljharding

Mar 09

neiljharding says:

Suzuki don't need to update this bike any more than what they have just done,just go and ride the new

one once realeased, one of the most important things to have on any hyperbike is good brakes which

this bike will have now, thats all it needed.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

yep....

The Busa is now around the third maddest Bike on the planet... It is such a let down compared to @99.9% of all the other Bikes avaliable. Oh hang on a minute "Performance Bikes" have just Launched one up the strip in 9.86s at 151 mph, that's the best i've seen all year and guess what? it was Standard. Like it or not the "Busa" wears it's "LEGEND" badge well, even after 13 years of the competition's attempts to catch up. £ times the ZZR1400 has Tried and BMW have Still a mountain to climb........ Despite "rose tinted Spectacles" The once Record breaking "Super Blackbird" got so Scared it never came back. I've Ridden and Owned all of them and can Honestly say The "Busa" still has something Else. But it sure is Ugly from behind. Apparently!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

£...? I meant 3 as in 3 times Kawasaki have tried to answer the Busa Challenge.

Reply to this Topic
GNZT

Oct 12

GNZT says:

Yawn

The lack of innovation coupled with the new colour scheme its not going to attract anyone away from other brands, unless you like double rainbows that is, this remains second only to the BMW K1 as the ugliest motorcycle in the past 40 years. Brembo's a nice touch, but there are Brembos and there are Brembo's, Suzuki build and component quality in resent years has been appalling, their plastics are thin and there alloy parts oxidise faster, this is well reflected in the loss new Suzuki owners face when selling or trading up to the next lemming magnet. Time to get new designers Suzuki and stop thinking like a sausage factory, there's room in my collection next to the RG500 for another from this once great manufacturer, other than a M109R your stable is smelling a bit old.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices