Skip to content

Discuss This New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New Hayabusa unveiled with ABS and Brembo brakes

Suzuki have released details of their new-for-2013 Hayabusa. The big capacity sports bike will get only it's second update in it's fourteen year history, and becoming a member of the GSX-R family. The main changes to the newly-named GSX-1300R will be the addition of more stopping power, in the form of Brembo monobloc calipers and ABS, bringing it in line with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 October 2012 13:39)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

gnzt

If you never ride one of these then I can see your 40 year old view but jeez man go ride one cuz you sure are ignorent.

Reply to this Topic
W1zz

Oct 12

W1zz says:

Enough Busa?

I agree the Busa is a good bike, and the new one will be better still.  My point is that Suzuki could and should have done more to keep it fresh and attractive to buyers.  What about the suspension, weight, chassis, engine?  Aren't these just as important to improve as brakes?  You can improve the brakes on an old one with a Brembo master cylinder; are new brakes enough to get many people to fork out for a new one?  I'd like to see manufacturers stop producing so many Ewan McCharlie so-called adventure bikes and put the R&D back into exciting performance bikes that people want to buy. 

Reply to this Topic
PingCrosby

Jul 07

PingCrosby says:

Whoaaaa there squirrely one

I'll catch it on the twisties

Reply to this Topic
neiljharding

Mar 09

neiljharding says:

This is why Suzuki have not gone overboard remember the Honda Blackbird I do I had 3 of them from 1999 to 2005 fantastic bike.then they replaced it with the VFR 1200 what a mistake blackbird owners would not change there blackbirds for the VFR 1200 Honda should of done what Suzuki did with the Hayabusa from the first Busa to the K8 Busa, there was a waiting list for the new shaped Busa at the time,I hope this makes sense if it aint broke dont fix it Suzuki listened to ther customers who bitched about not having ABS and better brakes and thats what they done.My money's  going on the new ABS Busa.

Reply to this Topic
Lukesbikeblog

Oct 12

I have a 2009 busa that i kitted out with hpk brembos calipers and they made a massive difference to its braking performance. they really are 1 finger stoppers, on a 260kg bike! That is impressive, and that's before i start talking about how progressive they are and how they help you to feel what the bike is doing. if the stoppers on the New bike are as good as the ones i had fitted then Suzuki would have done a great job. Head over to http://www.swintonbikes.co.uk /blog/ to read what else I've had done to the bike.

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

mk1 busa didn't have brakes mk2 so far has OK brakes Both models have the best road engines on the market. mk2 power mode switch is a waste of a time and effort...my hand works better at adjusting what power comes from the engine. ABS will help but to take on the new ZZR1400 it should have been given traction control and anti-wheelie..the tech is readily available and the engine is already sophisticated enough to have the electronics in place. Suzuki want to build riders bikes but not all riders can dip into the bikes abilities without needing electronics helping out.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices