Skip to content

Discuss This Vinales Back After Humbling Climbdown MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Vinales Back After Humbling Climbdown

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Vinales Back After Humbling Climbdown

Less than one week after controversially walking out on his Avintia Blusens Moto3 squad on the eve of the Sepang race, Maverick Vinales will be back in Australia this weekend after a humbling climbdown. Vinales stunned the paddock in Malaysia when he walked out with three races remaining while he still had a mathematical chance of capturing the inaugural Moto3 world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 October 2012 13:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Another self centred prima dona with little thought for the consequences of his words or actions... he should fit in well in MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Perhaps so Hedgy

I'm picking a lot of the latins have had smoke blown up their arses from a young age.

Regardless of the circumstances, or assumed justifications, what Vinales did last week was waay out of line. Was it off his own back (seems like the actions of a petulant teenager) or with counsel? If the later it was mighty poor judgement.

He's done himself, along with his team and sponsors, immeasurable short and possibly medium, or longer term damage.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

another twat

Just when we thought the twat quota was coming down with staceys imminent departure up pops another,dam.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Yeh but

he`s not the first teenager to do something daft. 

Nothing to do with being Latin. All to do with being 16 I think. Well, that and his personal manager also being his team boss which is a massive conflict of interests.
I`m glad he`s back, and I hope people in the paddock have short memories. 

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Ricard Jove ...

... just after the news of Vinales' split was made public, the reserved and respected Eugene Laverty tweeted this: 'Two years ago this sad act (Jove) refused to shake my hand at Silverstone. It's good to see that he's not ruining another riders career.'

And then the Spaniards went on the attack with Aleix Espagaro branding Jove on Twitter 'a career breaker' - a view endorsed by, amongst others, his brother Pol, Axel Pons, David Salom and current Avintia Blusens Moto2 rider Julian Simon (who is leaving at the end of the season).

In MotoGP this year, Jove has:

Hired Jonny Hernandez;

Sacked Jonny Hernandez;

Re-hired Jonny Hernandez;

Hired Ivan Silva;

Demoted Ivan Silva;

Promoted Ivan Silva;

Hired David Salom;

Sacked David Salom.

Vinales described the Avintia Blusens BQR team and its management as 'second division' - he was being very generous. 

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Oh dear

I'm a big fan of young Vinales but I suspect this will do him no good at all. Ideally you wait a few years before pissing HRC off and the knock on from this could hamper his long term future. It's all a bit odd really as the lad is blessed with much talent and speed.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

And ...

... just to underline how bad the situation is at this team, all of the top riders are leaving:

In MotoGP, Jonny Hernandez is leaving for Gresini (CRT);

In Moto2, Julian Simon is leaving - possilbly for Italtrans in Moto2;

In Moto3, Maverick Vinales is leaving for Aspar in Moto3.

Oh, and some kid called Kris McLaren is standing-in for the injured Hernandez at the Phillip Island MotoGP which sums it up really.

Only ordinary, stupid people would judge Vinales by his 'young' age - the guy's been racing since he was 3yrs old (14 years experience).

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

I hope this end's the spotty little cunt's carreer. Everyone should try their best with what they have!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Only a Welshman with a big wooden spoon

would be foolish enough to draw parallels between on track racing experience and life experience.

Being the father of a seventeen year old I can vouch for the fact they can barely tie their own shoelaces. Actually for a fact my one can't!

Reply to this Topic
r6buz

May 05

r6buz says:

Is this the team Scott Redding fell out with?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices