Skip to content

Discuss This Vinales Back After Humbling Climbdown MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Vinales Back After Humbling Climbdown

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Vinales Back After Humbling Climbdown

Less than one week after controversially walking out on his Avintia Blusens Moto3 squad on the eve of the Sepang race, Maverick Vinales will be back in Australia this weekend after a humbling climbdown. Vinales stunned the paddock in Malaysia when he walked out with three races remaining while he still had a mathematical chance of capturing the inaugural Moto3 world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 October 2012 13:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

This is the team that both Redding and Bradl rode for in the Spanish CEV championship - both left in a hurry.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

You should spend less time on here and more time with your kids Nostro, they might then be able to do their own shoe laces by the time they are 30!!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

BCB - '3 years old'

Rev, WTF are you talking about, 'racing since he was 3 years old' - whatever you're shooting up I'd stop using it, what was that he was winning then, best baby of the month !! he's a young lad 16 years old, an obvious talent, got mixed up with shit manager, who's exploiting him, and that was Vinales's protest, end of story.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Absolutely

Cornball. I reckon this will be viewed as a storm in a teacup in a few weeks/months. I reckon his talent will be much in demand. People will forgive him I reckon.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Cornbowl ...

'Born in Figueres, Viñales began competitive racing at the age of three in minimotos before moving onto motocross and eventually to circuit racing in 2002 ...'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maverick_Vi%C3%B1ales

Oh and by the way, he's 17yrs old (born 12th Jan 1995).

Edit:

Time for a Vinales Factoid - he's one of the Top 10 highest paid riders in all classes earning a basic salary of 300,000 Euros. Only six MotoGP riders earn more than Maverick, so maybe his manager isn't as totally 'shit' as you say? Maybe that's being a tad simplistic about the whole situation?  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

BCB

He's 17 !!!, oh I didn't realise that, he may have left it too late then lol.

Wiki's always questionable, you didn't rewrite it did you lol.

I've got some impressive stats, I was at the TT week 3 months before I was born, and at 1 year old I could play really well on the Linoleum, how about that one!!

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Interesting stuff ...

... for you perhaps Cornbowl, but unsuitable for those with more than a modest IQ.

Anyway, you thought Vinales was being exploited by Jove, but Maverick is one of the top earners in the sport right now. 

Why do you say he's being ripped-off when he's earning 3 times the salary of Alvaro Bautista and 6 times the salary of Hector Barbera? 

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

BCB

Okay, well I think it's impressive, lol.

Vinales's manager has got his own agenda, that comes first, not the rider, that's what's not right about it. Vinales is a kid who thinks he could have done better with another team, his manager must have thought so as well, otherwise he would have told him about the other offer, let's face it the kid's more than likely another Marquez or Stoner!! and they obviously think he's worth the cash.

Anyway, I still want to know oracle, why Cal was using that inhaler, the sort that's used for asthma, on the grid before he put his helmet on, two or three races back, did he have an infection then, or what? 

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Cornbowl ...

... I hope you're not suggesting that I gave Cal an infection?

Yeah, I saw him using the inhaler but I'm not aware of him being ill - I think that it's a nerves thing with Cal.

I've noticed that he's very tense before the start of a race and often dashes to the loo at the last minute. Sure, he's like many other riders in that respect, but Cal appears to be extremely anxious before a race and his angry gestures on the grid at Misano when the race start was aborted showed him to be in a very highly charged state. 

But who could blame him? Cal knows that he is vulnerable at the start of a race and, by his own admission, starts have been his biggest weakness all year. Cal appears to get off the line reasonably well but just seems to freeze going into the first corner of any race - always getting passed and always failing to cash in on his brilliant qualifying positions.

I find it strange that a fast, aggressive rider like Cal is so cautious - almost timid in his approach to the first corner. He seems to ride 'tight' and gets pushed around easily by other riders - Cal doesn't assert himself.

However, once the first lap or two is out of the way, Cal seems to relax and his riding appears to become more natural and instinctive - he pushes hard. 

But by then, the leaders have usually gone and Cal often finds himself behind the faster starting Dovi or having to fight back from a mid-pack position - which places him under additional pressure and can lead to mistakes.

I'm sure that if Cal can improve his starts then his confidence will grow which will lead to an improvement in his general race performance. But his conversation rate of just one podium from seven front row starts must begin play on the mind a little.

Breathing is adversely affected by nervous tension, so perhaps Cal was using the inhaler in an attempt to combat the effects of pre-race stress?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

BCB

A good assessment,  and in other words, he needs to improve his race craft, and spend more time practising with a full load of fuel on board.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices