Skip to content

Discuss This Modest expectations for Valentino Rossi in Australia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Modest expectations for Valentino Rossi in Australia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Modest expectations for Valentino Rossi in Australia

Valentino Rossi has only modest expectations heading into this weekend’s Phillip Island MotoGP clash in Australia. The Italian doubts he will be a podium challenger on Sunday at the spectacular coastal track and he has completely written off any chance of winning a fifth Australian Grand Prix in the last six for Ducati. Home favourite Casey Stoner never lost a Phillip Island...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 October 2012 13:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CAL35GP1

Oct 12

CAL35GP1 says:

Modest expectations.

He's an intelligent and insightful chap for sure !

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

level 6th

ducati gp13 level 6th place

yamaha 2013 level 1st place

what exuses next year ??

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Oh well....

He will not be disappointed then.Rossi need not worry with only 2 races left on the Ducati.
It is Spies and Dovi that should be doing the worrying although my guess is Iannone will be top Ducati rider next season but even he will probably struggle most of the time unless there are vast improvements.
This past 2 years must have been so frustrating for Rossi and his team.
At least next year they will have a bike which can be set up far quicker and more easily so it will just be down to whether he has the pace to beat Dani and Jorge so looks like podium finishes most races whatever happens.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Buelligan

Do you think Lin Jarvis will let #2 rider Rossi fight with teacher's pet Jorge for race wins or do you think he'll get the Spies treatment? It could be another two years of pain for Rossi fans if this season is anything to go by. If Rossi does look like beating Jorge in a race, Jorge only has to wave his hand and race direction will stop the race for him. lol

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Iannone top Duke 2013?

ha, ha. He rides exactly like Rossi  - static and not dynamic in his movements - these are machines that need dominating. Crazy Joe's got a bit of improving / adapting to do to MotoGP next year to justify the GP13.

That said without counting my chickens before they spoil the broth CJ's 2013 Ducati competition looks as weak as it's been in the last two years - unless Spies gets his head sorted out, bad luck was only half his problem this year.

To my mind Ducati missed a trick in not signing Redding.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

No 2

Chump hate to inform you but Rossi and Lorenzo will be on equal terms at the start of next season so try to keep up eh!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

thought u might disagree

Time will tell though.....yes Redding may have been a better choice but I think he will still be in one bit at the end of next season where as on the Ducati I reckon may have done some serious flying!

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

modest !

I dont think wobbling around in 10th is modest ,shite is a better word.how the mighty fall hahaha hee haw.lorenzo will finish off what remains of the donkeys tattered reputation.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

All teams have a pecking order.

Whether they care to admit it is another thing entirely. Obviously, we are supposed to think that the Yamaha boys will be free to fight each other for victories but Jarvis has already said there won't be any more Motegi-style dogfights. I think Rossi accepts playing second fiddle to Jorge is better than trying to ride the bike that blew his stats apart. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ On a side note, It would be funny if Rossi quit now (for whatever reason) before rejoining Yamaha leaving the door open for Cal. Dovi would go apesh!t. Please let this happen. LMAO!!!

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Rossi     quit now     in your dreams chump.

Note to all Rossi fans    we should all now refer to Stoner as ''Turn 3''   so    at Phillip Island on Sunday will  ''Turn 3'' be able to beat Pedro and Loro   Or will he crash at  ''Casey Stoner''

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices